Help

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

user8372

Help

Post by user8372 »

Hey! I need help with something, so i try to learn how to mod to the game ets2, and now i have learn how to but lights and that on the truck but i want to skin the truck how do i do it? I want to learn how to make templates to a truck and skin it, i use a standalone as base and now i want to skin it, So is there a tutorial how to? Have a good day! :)
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Help

Post by Oleg »

have you checked videos on youtube? quite likely there were made some video guides on this topic.

In short, you need to create UV layout for UV channel #2 onto "matching_pattern.dds" texture (to match original game templates), and perfectly make an additional UV layout for UV channel #3 too. UV#3 is used for "alternate uv set" types of paint skins in game. Material that uses texture template is "truckpaint". In most of cases UV#1 is used for regular base-color/AO texture (on DETAIL texture slot) and optionally a bump-map texture for the base-color texture.