It won't let me open zmodeler

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

Drekoo

It won't let me open zmodeler

Post by Drekoo »

I have downloaded zmodeler yesterday, I have tried to start the 32 bit and 64 version, neither of them work for me, I have tried changing the compatibility and putting window 7 and running as administrator, but not even the logo appears on the screen
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: It won't let me open zmodeler

Post by Oleg »

what is your OS windows version?
What is the folder you've unpacked ZModeler files to?
Drekoo

Post by Drekoo »

Windows 11, and unzip them into a new folder I created that I called zmodeler
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Move zmodeler folder from a system drive to another drive if possible.
In general, setting compatibility mode to windows 8.1 or windows 10 should work.
I don't have much information currently whether windows11 causing specific problems for ZModeler at startup but some reports were made on this already.
Drekoo

Post by Drekoo »

I just tried it and nothing, not even the logo appears when starting it
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

ZModeler application is wrapped with StarForce crypto protection shield that does not support windows11 if I'm not mistaken. This could be the cause, but it still a bit strange to me as I've seen reports ZModeler starting fine on windows 11 for some users.
drekoo

Post by drekoo »

Two colleagues have just tried to download it with window 11, they download it and simply open it, on the other hand it doesn't open or the logo appears for me, please I need help, since I bought the 30-day license and these continue to happen but no I can open the program
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution to this issue, as it's likely to be some configuration-specific on your side related to OS Windows 11. I've paused your paid license and reset it back to 30 days. If you can't resolve the issue on your side at all, I'll send a full refund of cause. I do have plans to upgrade to Windows 11 in early May, but I can't be sure I could be able to reproduce this issue on my side too.
drekoo

Post by drekoo »

I finally managed to fix it!!! The problem was having secure boot, which must be deactivated from the bios, after hours and hours of trying I was able to solve it, thank you very much for everything
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

drekoo wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:06 am The problem was having secure boot, which must be deactivated from the bios
Thank you for sharing this info. I'm sure it will help other users with the same issue.