License Denies This Action

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

essenity

License Denies This Action

Post by essenity »

Never really had this one before, but I've paid for 3 months of Z3D (did this on 2nd of March 2022) and all of a sudden im getting a 'Your License Denies This Action' error when I try to export my work.
I've validated the license, is there anything else I can do?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: License Denies This Action

Post by Oleg »

Hello.

I can see your platform ID ZSFMD-TA has logged in to license server recently. In most of cases this is enough for ZModeler to validate license. Is your issue resolved already? What do you see when you open License Information window - is your license's validation status shown as "Revalidate in 15 days" or something like that?
essenity

Post by essenity »

Seems ok now, is there any reason why it would start doing that randomly?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

in most of cases, if you have automatic online validation, ZModeler will validate license when needed (most likely it will do this every day your run ZModeler). However, to install validation it might be necessary to restart ZModeler. This is not a big deal when current validation is still OK and you've got the new one for a longer dates range, ZModeler will use current validation and install the new one when you shut it down. However, if the old validation expires and you've start ZModeler with no validation, you will see this error message until new validation is saved. So, restarting ZModeler should, in general, fix this issue when it happens on the same license you've used recently.

Alternatively, this could happen when old license key is installed in ZModeler and you've activate (or re-activated) license for your platform ID. License server will reject old license key and will not provide validation for such a key - you need to supply ZModeler a new license key so it start validating it automatically.