can't activate license

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

lemonpepz

can't activate license

Post by lemonpepz »

Bought a two year license, was able to press shift and it said "verification failed" . I then tried reopening zmodeler and shift isn't working at all now to bring anything up and when I open my account to my licenses it says "Something is wrong on server. Try again later." I just want to be able to start up my license and I don't know why this is so buggy
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: can't activate license

Post by Oleg »

Hello.

Once you copy & shift your license key, you get "Verification: Failed". This is a correct scenario. Then you should specify whether you use 32-bit or 64-bit version and press "Validate" button in web account on "My Licenses" page. Copy validation key, go back to ZModeler's license window, press and hold Shift key. "Verification: Failed" will change to "Verification: revalidate in 30 days" or something like that. Press OK and restart ZModeler.

Post by Guest »

SHIFT key is not doing anything though now. absolutely nothing.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Shift key does nothing on it's own. You need your license key copied first, so ZModeler will read it when you press and hold Shift key.

Then you get a validation key, copy it in web account and you can press&hold Shift key again in ZModeler's license window.

Note, the "Shift" method for validation will work for the latest version of ZModeler only: 3.2.1.1195.

Alternatively, I advise to assign password like 123456 onto your platform ID in web account on "My computers" page. Then run ZModeler as Administrator, open "Account Setup" page, specify your account name and platform password 123456. Press OK and restart ZModeler as Administrator.
lemonpepz

Post by lemonpepz »

I do have it copied and it's still doing nothing.

I have passwords assigned everywhere and I just installed Zmodeler so it is the latest version and I am running as administrator.

lemonpepz

Post by lemonpepz »

Also when I do set the password in my computer it says "Something is wrong on server. Try again later."
lemonpepz

Post by lemonpepz »

it suddenly worked on its own
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I can see your platform ID logged in to license served recently. Is your issue resolved already?

Log out and log in again, if you get "something is wrong on server".