Online Verification not working

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

Steinmetz Omi

Online Verification not working

Post by Steinmetz Omi »

Hello Oleg !
The online verification has not worked for a while. I always start the verification manually.
Is the problem with the different versions that I am still using?
Shouldn't actually because the Codelib is rewriting itself.
Would it be possible to look at the problem and solve it?

Best Regards
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Online Verification not working

Post by Oleg »

is your ZModeler version able to check for updates (the spinning circle icon in the bottom of ZModeler window)? If it does (spinning icon stops spinning with "OK" or "Download" icons), then rely on online verification - it have to work too (updates and license server are physically on the same address).

If it's not working, then use offline validation.
If you install new license key or something is not working properly with re-validating your key that is already in ZModeler, then follow the steps below:

1. remove both Codelib files from "Shared" folder.
2. download ZModeler package from the website, unpack all files into new ZModeler folder, copy your "ZModeler3_profile.xml" into new folder to restore all your settings and preferences.
3. run ZModeler as Administrator and install new license key + validation using Copy+Shift method.

Note if upon Copy+Shifting your license key you see License key: Expired, then license key itself is wrong and will not get installed. You should obtain new license key for your license. For example, you can delete your platform ID in web account, add it again and activate the remainder of your license for your ID again - you will get a new license key after these steps.

The copy+shift method requires the latest build of ZModeler3.exe file. Since I do not update this file to keep version the same (I update individual plugins, filters, services instead), it is quite likely you can have the latest version even after a year of installation with no updates, but it's still worth checking: 3.2.1.build 1195 is the one you need.
Steinmetz Omi

Re: Online Verification not working

Post by Steinmetz Omi »

No addiction and addiction does not connect to the update server.
I have released the version 3.2.1.Build 1195 in the firewall in the ON and output rule.