Another Verification problem.

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

dg1138

Another Verification problem.

Post by dg1138 »

So, I've followed every step I've seen out there. I'm running as administrator on the latest version of the program, my screenname is correct, simple password matches on Zmod and my user account page, the platform is correct, the license key is logged in, but when I copy the verification code and hit shift, nothing happens. It just says that it's checking online. What am I missing?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Another Verification problem.

Post by Oleg »

You can either use manual method (copy + shift) or configure online method (specify account name and password). Do not use both of them. If online method does work to you, you can disable firewall/antivirus and/or VPN if you have any. Also, check whether ZModeler is able to download updates - the spinning circle icon in the bottom of ZModeler window that spins from startup should stop spinning in few seconds. If it doesn't - ZModeler is unable to reach updates server and will not be able to reach license server to. In such a case, only offline (copy+shift) method will work.

Before you proceed to offline method, clear account name and password fields in "Account Setup" window of ZModeler and restart ZModeler.

offline method requires you to copy and shift license key (it will appear in ZModeler followed by "Verification: Failed"). Then specify in web account whether you use 32-bit or 64-bit version of ZModeler, press Validate button. Copy validation key. Go back to ZModeler's license window, press and hold Shift key for 2-3 seconds. Validation should get installed. Restart ZModeler.
dg1138

Post by dg1138 »

For some reason my license isn't working anymore. there are still 200 some odd days left in it. I've once again tried everything we're supposed to and it doesn't work. I try to remove the account info and password and restart, but it just fills it back in. Offline does absolutely nothing. Is there any intention to fix this? It seems to be a very common problem where the recommended steps don't fix the problem.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

If your platform ID can not verify license online, you should clear account name and password fields in ZModeler, so it will not even try to do this. Then restart as Administrator, open License Information window.
Log in to your web account, locate your license there, specify whether you use 32-bit or 64-bit version of ZModeler (do not use "Autodetect") and press "Validate" button. Note, the platform ID, license key and version (32/64 bit) have to be exactly the one you have in ZModeler. Copy validation key. Go back to ZModeler's license window, press and hold Shift key for 2-3 seconds. You should see "Verification" line updated, press OK and restart ZModeler.

if nothing happens/changes when you've copied validation key and "shifted" it, then either of these is wrong:
1. your platform ID is not the same
2. license key is not the same
3. your ZModeler version is not 3.2.1.1195
4. version of ZModeler (32-bit or 64-bit) was specified incorrectly (verification key differs for these versions).

In a very-very-very rare case, there could be a cause on the zmodeler3.exe file itself being infected by some virus on your computer. The verification key has an .exe file checksum (to prevent being applied to cracked version), so if your .exe file was alternated, verification will not get applied.