adding new platform

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

darncomputer

adding new platform

Post by darncomputer »

So i recently upgraded my PC i still had Zmodeler on a secondary hard drive.
so i opened zmodler and was getting ready to buy a new license.
i realized i needed to add a new platform.
i came to the website.
it wouldn't allow me to add a new platform without removing my previous platform i made sure the platform id wasn't the same as my current ID and removed it.
now it won't allow me to add a new platform saying that "Something is wrong on server. Try again later."
i would like to make a new platform so i can buy a new license.
please help.
darncomputer

Re: adding new platform

Post by darncomputer »

so i figured out what was wrong i didn't realize you couldn't have the check mark for validating licenses checked when creating a new platform once i unchecked that it created the platform. fingers crossed that i can add a license to it
darncomputer

Post by darncomputer »

not sure if i am doing something wrong or what but it created a 15 day trial key and when i try to validate it through the copy+shift method it automatically fails
darncomputer

Post by darncomputer »

will gladly buy a license if thats what needs to be done but i am weary of it not working if i can't get the trial license to work
darncomputer

Post by darncomputer »

So i just went ahead and bought a license used the copy+shift method and it worked.
Consider this issue resolved.
sorry for any inconvenience
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Sorry for delay,
notes on your steps:

1. when you add platform ID and get "Something is wrong on server" it is more likely your session is time outed, so log out and log in again.
You can add platform with "Allow this platform to log in" option toggled, mind to specify password for platform if you toggle this option.
2. It is strongly advised to allow your platform to log in by toggling this option (it can be done after adding platform ID).
You can use "allow this platform to log in" option with NO password at all, it is OK to do so.
3. when you add new platform ID, it could be added with trial license (if this platform ID has never used trial license). Even if you had another platform with/without trial, even if you have used paid license earlier, so it is OK to get a trial for platform ID after upgrading computer.
4. trial license can be installed in automatic mode: when platform is allowed to log in (and optionally has a password assigned), you specify your account name in ZModeler and (if any) platform password on "Account Setup" page.
5. you have installed paid license in offline mode with copy+shift method and applied validation in offline method. It could be used on paid licenses only.
6. you can use trial license after expiration of your paid license if you wish to.

I've paused your trial license and reset it back to 15 days.