New Option - Editable dimensions

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

Harald-RS
Beginner

New Option - Editable dimensions

Post by Harald-RS »

I wish it were possible to enter the real sizes in the Z-Mod.

So that you also have the right size for a 1:1 map.
Greetings
Harald
My System: PC Windows 11
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: New Option - Editable dimensions

Post by Oleg »

ZModeler does not use any units measurement, a value of 1.0 in ZModeler is 1.0 in game. The game's units scale could be different, I don't know what actual units the ETS/ATS uses. Most likely 1.0 is 1 meter, but I could be wrong.
Harald-RS
Beginner

Post by Harald-RS »

SCS use Meter
Screenshot 2023-02-18 185705.png
If I could edit that it wouldn't be bad.

Because these are the original sizes that are in reality.
Greetings
Harald
My System: PC Windows 11
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I see. I'll think on this option.
Mmeister

Post by Mmeister »

Thumbs up for measuring system. As a mechanical engineer can't do anything without measuring. For a good reference I prefer how AutoCAD 2d handles measuring system from most software, then Solidworks or CATIA V5 are also featuring powerful measuring solutions in 3d. Now in Zmodeler3 I'm counting grid squares and using TAB button to move back and forth to some degree of accuracy. Angles i kinda eyeball.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Mmeister wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:22 am Thumbs up for measuring system. As a mechanical engineer can't do anything without measuring. For a good reference I prefer how AutoCAD 2d handles measuring system from most software, then Solidworks or CATIA V5 are also featuring powerful measuring solutions in 3d. Now in Zmodeler3 I'm counting grid squares and using TAB button to move back and forth to some degree of accuracy. Angles i kinda eyeball.
may you post a couple of screenshots from autocad, so I can see what exactly you find useful there in terms of measurement/distances/angles?

P.S. "Dimensions" entry is already made editable in new ZModeler. However, I can't give any time frame on release of 3.3 at the moment. May be in a couple of weeks or so.
Mmeister

Post by Mmeister »

Hey Oleg,

Sorry for late respond. Don't have an access to the AC software atm to be able to post. Best check some Youtube Video tutorials to see how it works. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... e+distance