ets2 mapping problem with import

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

roberto espresso

ets2 mapping problem with import

Post by roberto espresso »

hi everyone I'm new here in the forum, I'm having a problem with zmodeler3, when I import my PMD file of the truck cabin, the UV mapping gets everything, consequently the skin in game does not work correctly, I leave here a screen of the problem https://www.flickr.com/photos/194842931 ... ed-public/
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: ets2 mapping problem with import

Post by Oleg »

what material the problematic object uses? make sure you don't toggle "continuous mesh surface" option when editing existing UV.

Also, in most of cases, the issue with skin in game is related to truckpaint material's have "DETAIL2" texture slot being set to "Use UV mapping: Manual UV#2" instead of "Manual UV#3" in ZModeler's materials editor.
roberto espresso

detail # 2 is set to # uv3, but it gives me the same problem ... I don't understand the "continuous mesh surface" thing
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

How does the problem look like in game? with regular (old-fashion) and modern template applied. May you post a couple of screenshots?

The "continuous mesh surface" is an option inside Edit UV window that should be toggled off when you use Edit UV tool to "view" the old mapping.
roberto espresso

by setting the DETAIL2 channel to UV # 3 the game crashes and freezes, then I saw the "continuos mesh surface" speech and the check is disabled, I leave a photo to show you how it looks in game, as you can see in the photo I sent previously the mapping is all busted, it is already like this when I import the pmd

https://www.flickr.com/photos/194842931 ... ed-public/
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

may you attach the associated .pmd and .pmg file (only the cabin, original), so I could take a look?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

There is an update available, give it a try. In particular, it should address the scenario when game crashes if you set DETAIL2 to use UV#3.