Help. Problem with editing the HU10 transport

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

Aliop45

Help. Problem with editing the HU10 transport

Post by Aliop45 »

Hello.
I'm trying to add transport to the Hunting Unlimited 2010 game. It runs on the same engine as ETS. When exporting an ATV model, the geometry is distorted. The export takes place immediately after the import, no changes are made to the model.

The model compresses along the axis

Do not pay attention to the materials, they are not assigned.
I've tried everything, but I haven't found a solution. When the animation is resaved, the following happens:

The transport works, it can be used, but I do not know how to fix the geometry problem.
If someone can tell me or help me with this, I will be very grateful.
The game itself weighs 700Mb. I have been looking for a solution for 3 months. I'm sure there are professionals among you who will figure it out in less than an hour.
Thanks!
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Help. Problem with editing the HU10 transport

Post by Oleg »

if i'm not mistaken, ZModeler does not export axes-scale, so if model was initially scaled on X axis to look correct, after import/export the scale will get reset to 1.0 and the model might look improperly scaled. I think you can fix this in ZModeler by resetting axes scale ("reset to world" tool on top hierarchy node and the root of scene hierarchy... and may be some other nodes). Or set scale to 1 on all axes on nodes starting from top using "Isolated" mode and "Properties" page of hierarchy view.

Also, you can't save animation (I guess .pma file is in a question) since ZModeler will create a "version 5" of pma files that are used in modern ETS2 updates. Old version of game engine will not handle modified PMA files.