Shades under the wheels

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

Mmeister

Shades under the wheels

Post by Mmeister »

Hi,

If I may ask about the shade under the wheels. I just can't get them to be displayed right in the game. Its not entirely Zmodeler work, since theres DDS I edit with Paint.net (maybe I'm doing it wrong idk tbh) but regardless any info/tip as to what's the deal with this would be appreciated.

So with trailer there's sorta working at least in game, but not in configurator menu.

With the truck I can't get it to work at all. Is there some fixed relation between pixels of *.dds file & size of the floor in modeler?
- I've streched the floor, updated the dds file, but in game the dds remains default or just not up to proper scale for some reason...

Again, any tip/info how this works would be appreciated, since I've tried many option, none worked as intended.
Dotec

Re: Shades under the wheels

Post by Dotec »

ui_shadow and ingame drive use different shadow objects.
for ui you need to add a pmg with the name ui_shadow and add it to the chassis sii

for ingame you have to add the same object to the chassis file and select the shader fakeshadow
Mmeister

Post by Mmeister »

Hi, thanks for reply. Is there any guide on how to do this?
Dotec

Post by Dotec »

not really. I spent many hours to adjust the shadow objects.

there is one tutorial by scssoft:
https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Tutori ... ed_Shadows
Mmeister

Post by Mmeister »

Appreciate a lot. Thank you.
Mmeister

Post by Mmeister »

Hi,

I've updated the Scania model to fix the collisions and in game weird shadow under the wheels appears? I did similar update today with Volvo FH16 and no such effect happens.

I assume some update caused the change. Any solutions?

Mmeister

Post by Mmeister »

Never mind, got wrong mat set as explained above. Mat i used was not a fakeshadow but truckpaint. So changing the mat worked.
Mmeister

Post by Mmeister »

After my noob mistakes, any help would be appreciated with what I'm doing wrong.

So I've set my model floor shading for 5 axles but can't get rear axle to display proper shading on the ground. The modded 10x model is based of 8x4 SCS Scania S.

Here are my inputs:

Truck model.

Ui_shadow

Edited *.dds in paint.net

Edited *.sii & *.tobj

I get missing texture in preview/garage.

And some weird shaded box in size of 8x4 chassis.
Ventyres

Post by Ventyres »

To sort out some wrong sentences:
- For the dealer the Game uses UI_shadow model, which is a surface below the truck/trailer with a shadow texture.
- For Ingame Base Shadow it uses a specified Texture only, which measures comes from Shadow_x_ori as centre position of the simulated shadow area, and Shadow_x_cm marks the outside border of the Shadow (move it more to left or right changes the size of shadow area to left/right, move it front and back changes the shadow size to front and back)
The Fakeshadow marks areas for the Rendered from Model Shadows, which are dynamic with changing Sun Posiition etc. With This Shader applied you can create a model which will hide shadows on that areas
Mmeister

Post by Mmeister »

Cool, ty so much. I've finally made it work on SCS MAN 2015 10x4 chassis.