"Defaultpart" is not binded to skeleton.

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

LeynerN31

Post by LeynerN31 »

Hello oleg, me again, sorry lol.
Now it's clear to me about the animations, I'm trying to do some using other skeletons, that is, animate everything again.
But I got this error and I don't know what would be the option to solve it
LeynerN31

Re: "Defaultpart" is not binded to skeleton.

Post by LeynerN31 »

now i have this problem haha
"Defaultpart" has no bones weights in vertex format
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

if you deal with skeleton and bones, the associated geometry could be rigged by assigning "bones to vertices". This is done on per-vertex level when bones' influence is painted onto vertices. Several bones could affect one vertex, a so-called "soft rigging" This allows geometry to be soft (bend, stretch etc.) when bones are moved/rotated variously.

So, all together:
1. geometry should have per-vertex bone weight support (properties->mesh->vertices->format: max bones = 2 for example).
2. Geometry whose vertices support "bones weight" need to know which bones will affect it. You need to "assign skeleton" onto a geometry. Rigging->Skeleton->Bind tool does this. You need to mark skeleton with Select\Mark tool first and then bind geometry to this skeleton.
3. EACH vertex must have bone assigned via weight paint. This is a so-called rigging. In most of cases, vertex will have just one bone assigned. Rigging\Weight\Paint tool does this. In most of cases, selecting vertices and using this tool's options window in "preset" mode allows to assign bone onto vertices quickly.

P.S. If most of above is something new to you, I advise not to try it from ground up. Import original model and mess around with it for a first time, as this subject is quite complex to be learned just by reading and following few steps.
LeynerN31

Post by LeynerN31 »

Well I understood a little, Thanks to your instructions in the previous post, I already know how to add a new animation etc, what I don't know and I should try is using new geometry and assigning it to the skeleton, could you help me step by step sending screenshots and others?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

the workflow could be different in various scenarios, so guides here could be harmful rather than helpful. I advise to import original anim model with "merge models" and explore how the rigging works and what rigging/influence/paint tool does to geometry. in general, rigging\paint tool is what you need to deal with. you can find videos on rigging in ZModeler, as skeleton assignment is always the same, but bones influence paint differs depending on what you originally have on geometry and what you want to achieve.