Any guide to make animations from scratch?

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

LeynerN31

Any guide to make animations from scratch?

Post by LeynerN31 »

Hello oleg, thank you for always solving my doubts.
In this case, I would like to know of a guide to create animations from scratch, since I have an interior made by me, that I would like to make each of the animations. I don't want to import any other animation and modify it for mine, I just want to make it from scratch
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Any guide to make animations from scratch?

Post by Oleg »

that's the only that comes to my mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhyT6yUxZq0
LeynerN31

Post by LeynerN31 »

I just saw it, pretty good. however, the video is somewhat old. I don't know if that influences it. I hope I'm not asking too much but would you be able to do a step by step guide? One more current.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

in general, nothing has changed in workflow.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I advise to apply original game animations (PMA) files but mind to assign correct objects from your scene hierarchy (update ID values on animation tracks) and export with no changes, so animations are bind to correct animating elements. of cause they will not match in position/rotation and animation itself, but at least you will get your interior objects animating in game. Then you can import animations one by one and re-do track's key data (assign new animation keys to match your scene properly). That's how I see the correct workflow in your situation.