Paintjob in game differs from ZModeler

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

LeynerN31

Paintjob in game differs from ZModeler

Post by LeynerN31 »

I have this problem (well, I really don't know if it's the right way to create a skin)
I took the definition of the paintjob from another truck, replaced the names corresponding to it, just like the dds, in zmodeler I was in charge of mapping in the area where it is supposed to work, when entering the game the skin ''works'' but not as I want, it is supposed to be configured to change the color of the parts, which does not happen
As you can see, in zmodeler the configuration of how I want things to be painted is fine
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Paintjob in game differs from ZModeler

Post by Oleg »

may you show more details on how this configuration was made in ZModeler? Do you how two materials there, or this is one material with specific texture for mapping pattern?
LeynerN31

Post by LeynerN31 »

There are two paint materials, both using the same ''template'' which is called skin.dds
LeynerN31

Post by LeynerN31 »

this was the way of mapping, the truth is I did it by looking and replacing things, since I have not found a guide that teaches me how to create skins and others, my models always go with something basic like a painting material and that's it, but I want to add it the skin option.
LeynerN31

Post by LeynerN31 »

this part of the truck is mapped in green (don't edit or touch anything in the texture, it's original so you don't have to edit the definition other than replace the names)
the rest of the truck is mapped in blue, since that part is supposed to be painted a different color.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

show settings of materials' properties window with "DETAIL2" texture settings page expanded.
LeynerN31

Post by LeynerN31 »

Image of course friend
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

may you re-import your exported model into zmodeler again and take a look whether it's OK or not? you will need to assign your texture and set "Manual UV#3" on DETAIL2 texture slot. After that, is the 3D model painted properly (or messed like in game)?
LeynerN31

Post by LeynerN31 »

Yes, when re-importing it is perfect, in the game if I select a paint color it works fine, when I select the option of the skin that I want to achieve (like the result in zmodeler where one part is orange and the other black) that option simply does not work, that is, everything is painted in a single color, as I show in the image of the game, there are four color options, the entire truck is in a single color, when the black part that is seen in zmodeler is supposed to be painted in one color different, just like the rest of the truck. which doesn't happen.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it could be related to settings of the skin you select. Skin settings in an associated .sii file should have "alternate uv set" assigned "true" or "1". I don't remember how .sii files for paint templates are edited and what settings are there, but each skin tells the game whether it requires UV#2 to be used or UV#3. The "alternate_uvset" is the option that does this.
LeynerN31

Post by LeynerN31 »

Well as I say, I took the sii file of a truck in which it already worked, I just changed the names of that truck to mine and that's it, the skin came out.
In fact, a long time ago I had a similar problem with that truck, I just made a part and wanted it to be painted the same color as the chassis, I mapped where the chassis was, but it just didn't.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

try
alternate_uvset: true

may be this is the issue....
or you can make a quick test in ZModeler: use Surface\Mapping\Copy UV tool (with settings like on a screenshot) - on a truck cabin (click on it once, and then second time). you will copy UV#3 texture mapping onto channel #2. if you see correct texture template in game, then the game does use UV#2 on your skin instead of UV#3.
Attachments
copy_uv.jpg
copy_uv.jpg (60.54 KiB) Viewed 2640 times
LeynerN31

Post by LeynerN31 »

ready man, it was what you were telling me about the alternate uv set, what I don't understand is why in the other truck it works even though that line is not in the definition
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

also, shouldn't the mask_** color be set as default:

mask_r_color (1, 0, 0)
mask_g_color (0, 1, 0)
mask_b_color (0, 0, 1)

?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

in other truck UV mapping on UV#2 was identical to UV#3 I guess.
LeynerN31

Post by LeynerN31 »

Ok thanks man, I've been trying this for months. I hadn't posted here before because I thought you only supported zmodeler3, I have a problem with editing animations, can I do another post for you to help me?