Strange reflection on painted materials

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

ATS98

Strange reflection on painted materials

Post by ATS98 »

For some time now I've been experiencing this problem with some painted materials in game. When you are at a certain angle the object/material becomes very bright. (Pictures below) Before anyone ask all of the custom skins and template works fine. The UV Channels for all my painted materials are setup using Channel 3 on Detail 2 (Copied to Channel 2 as well). I've posted a screenshot of how the material is setup below.

GAME LOG
https://pastebin.com/tCQVbQyX

This is the error that shows up in my game log constantly. I've tested on numerous clean profiles, and I get it every single time.

"00:02:07.616 : <ERROR> [dx11] Texture (texture_reflection) not found in material () - requested by (/effect/eut2/_shd/912990b14874131adcbbf862b31904d0.sm5x.fso)"

ATS98

Re: Strange reflection on painted materials

Post by ATS98 »

Any help is appreciated. I've been modding ATS using Z Modler for some years now and managed to figure alot of stuff. But I can't seem to figure out what's causing this error?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Strange reflection on painted materials

Post by Oleg »

Looks like the shader requires reflection texture to be configured, but your material file has no configuration for "texture_reflection".

I advise to assign texture on "ENVMAP" texture slot. For example, use "vehicle_reflection.dds" texture. Assign this texture a group named /material/environment inside "Textures Browser". On export, this texture will be automatically configured for real-time environment reflection on your material.