Bone animation

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

SLAVAG1

Bone animation

Post by SLAVAG1 »

I will try to explain the problem in as much detail as possible. I have a working animation of the interior, when I try to create an additional animated detail as shown in the example of video lesson number two, following all the instructions and getting a correctly working animation in the program itself, I do not see it in the game. That is, the animated object itself does not appear, and it does not matter whether it has an animation or is simply tied to a bone and has a stationary animation, that is, without changing its position in space. If it is not tied to the bone, then it can be seen in the game. And also when it is tied to a bone and is not displayed in the game, if you delete the mat files that this object uses, then it is displayed in the game but the animation does not work for it. To cast aside doubts about the animation itself, I will say that I can create the animation itself and also change the position of the already animated parts. The problem only appears in the binding of the object to the bone. I watched the video lesson repeatedly in an attempt to find what I might have missed. The problem is in the binding to the bone. Since if you bind an object to a bone, the animation of which works in the game, then the object that was bound is still not visible, and the object that was originally bound and worked, is still visible and works. And also, if you change the binding of an object with an already working animation in the game but to another bone, the animation of the object with a support also works, then the object that was bound still disappears.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Bone animation

Post by Oleg »

how does this all looks like (and works?) if you re-import it back into ZModeler and assign animation?
Also, ensure you do not skip ID numbers, so if your scene had the highest ID value of 37, then your new object should have ID 38. If you inject an object into hierarchy, you have to respect a rule: any child ID must not exceed parent ID.

Thus, for example, to insert an intermediate object for animation on a wheel column (wheel column -> new object -> steering wheel), you can not assign new highest ID value of 38 onto "new object", since "steering wheel" whill have smaller ID value.

Changing IDs on the hierarchy elements will require you to re-save animation files to get these IDs updated.