import problem

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

Toma

import problem

Post by Toma »

When i try to import a truck it crashes the zmodeler . It loads at 100% and than the program freez and crash after a few moments without showing me any error
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: import problem

Post by Oleg »

may you specify what model are you trying to import? is it an original game model or a modded content?

what is your "SCS Soft Prism3D.zmf" version as shown in Settings->Plugins->Manager?
Toma

Post by Toma »

its a model from download not an original scs file and its not working for both interior model (model.pmd) and anim (anim.pmd)
my version is : 3.2.1 builid 432
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

may you send me a download link, so I could try these problematic files too?
Toma

Post by Toma »

i sent you a pm with the files
Toma

Post by Toma »

hello?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

ohh,, my bad, I've removed the message before downloading your files. may you send a link again please, I'll take a look asap.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

hmm... I was unable to reproduce the problem. I've imported all .pmd/pmg files from your package with "Merge models" and without this option, everything went fine.

may you try to remove (rename) materials folder, so ZModeler tries to load a model without materials. Just to see whether crash is caused by materials or by geometry objects.
Toma

Post by Toma »

if i dont select the base.scs: when i import it works to be imported but if i select the base.scs as i should so the program will import the materials then the zmod crash. after i press the import button it shows down the bar loading materials to 100% and it freez for a few sec and then crash
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

your
/material/environment/vehicle_reflection.tobj file is wrong. it has raw text data while binary .tobj file is expected. I don't know where this file comes from, you should replace it with original (correct) .tobj file from the game.
Toma

Post by Toma »

damn man you are a genius i changed the tobj with the original one and now it works :o thank you so much
nars

Post by nars »

Oleg wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:46 pm your
/material/environment/vehicle_reflection.tobj file is wrong. it has raw text data while binary .tobj file is expected. I don't know where this file comes from, you should replace it with original (correct) .tobj file from the game.
It comes from converting binaries to middle formats to be able to work the model within blender! Maybe it was an unconverted .tobj... a leftover...
Modding for ETS2/ATS with Blender can be a mess!