ETS interior no variants after export

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

Anaheim

ETS interior no variants after export

Post by Anaheim »

I have tried to import and export original interior model of Scania S. After doing no modifications it has exported without any variants, there was just "basic" models in the tree.
Then I have added only one variant for R high cab V8 and still other subtrees are deleted after export and yet Basic is still there.
What else I have to do after import and before export since Im working with default model and when I do this with a truck it works.
Zmod is 2.3.1 1195 and the game is 1.38.1.15

Oleg
Site Admin

Re: ETS interior no variants after export

Post by Oleg »

Make sure to toggle off "Default variants" option on export.
Anaheim

Post by Anaheim »

Yes, it is toggled off while exporting. Still I got all the variants dumped. I have recoded it on the vid. Everything comes with the default interior model, imported and exported again, then after importing the submodels except Basic are gone, yet the variants are still there.
To be sure there is no version conflict I have exported the base again on 1.38.1.15 since Im using this ingame.

I have recorded the video showing the problem. Yet I'm not sure what could I probably do wrong since that's the way I do mods of trucks and other parts?

https://youtu.be/nZM79Py9pF8

Edit.
I have no idea what the hell happened. I have tried to dump the part that caused problem with UW2 map and exported it again. No problems!
What's more? I have copied again default parts, exported with UW2 error and strangely it's still working multiple times.

Edit 2.
Exporting with fixed UW2 problem, created some files that after another export with UW2 problem solved it by themselves. It's working anyway thank you for your time Oleg!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

UV#2 should not be related to variants. It could affect generated material files and model appearance in game, but your model should still have all configured variants and "paint looks" regardless of availability of UV2 mapping.

Mind, ZModeler generate paint look variants by replacing secondary (DETAIL2) texture only. It can not generate you completely different material files (e.g. "chrome" material variant and "matte plastic" material for another variant. Generated .mat files are always identical, only "paintjob" texture row is a different one.

So, I guess you got identical material files for your variants and exporter considered paint variants to be the same. Or an importer considered them to be the same, it doesn't really matter.