DDS Plugin

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

Fazer001

DDS Plugin

Post by Fazer001 »

Hi Oleg,

can you Update your dds plugin, ZModeler can't open many dds Textures.
I can't always convert the textures to DXT5 format so that ZMod can open them.
With the back and forth you quickly lose the overview.

thanks in advance
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: DDS Plugin

Post by Oleg »

Unfortunately, this will require to upgrade entire ZModeler core from Direct3D9 to Direct3D11. It is Direct3D fails to deal with new types of textures.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Given the file name on your screenshot, these files are not new DX11 formats (BC6,BC7) and were found to be regular ATI1 textures. I've added a support for loading these kinds of DDS in ZModeler, get an update. Yet there are still some formats in DX11 that ZModeler will fail to load. If you find other texture(s) that fail to load, send me a texture or its path/name, I'll check whether it could be possible to load data manually and convert to regular ARGB textures for unsupported formats.
Fazer001

Post by Fazer001 »

Thanks Oleg,
it works now.... :)
Unfortunately, this will require to upgrade entire ZModeler core from Direct3D9 to Direct3D11. It is Direct3D fails to deal with new types of textures.
For the future you will probably have to do it update to Direct3D11.....
SCS will change a lot in the next patches for a better performance ( textures, models etc...)

Because of DX11 formats (BC6,BC7) when i save my own Textures in (BC6,BC7) Zmod can't load that.
keithd203

Post by keithd203 »

When you convert your texture, choose the BC1 option. I had the same problem when Photoshop updated to 2021 and I had to reinstall the DDS plugin.
dds.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

It was recently posted that Intel DDS plugin does this work better:
https://software.intel.com/content/www/ ... lugin.html
Fazer001

Post by Fazer001 »

@keithd203
BC1 is DXT1, the Quality is not good.... "Useful for color maps or normal maps if memory is tight"
U can use it when you have a low settings PC or Laptop.

@Oleg
I use the Intel Texture Plugin for Photoshop with PS too, it's the same when save Texture in BC6/BC7 code, ZMod can't handle that.
Fact is the dds has better quality in the game.

BC3/DXT5 vs BC7dx11

Oleg, don't stress you about it. The main thing is that ZMod can load the SCS textures.

Thanks for ZModeler :)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I've added a load support for BC6 and BC7 textures, so ZModeler should not fail to load these textures. Since these tetxures are not supported by DX9 hardware, I converted them to 32-bit ARGB textures on load (with loss of quality on BC6 HDR textures of cause).

I was unable to test all format features (e.g. can't save BC7 sRGB, so I can't be sure whether they will load properly). Also, mip-map texture levels are ignored.
Fazer001

Post by Fazer001 »

Thanks Oleg :)
it works now ZMod can Load the BC7 Textures....

Merry Christmas.....
Nathan0001

Post by Nathan0001 »

Oleg wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:03 pm I've added a load support for BC6 and BC7 textures, so ZModeler should not fail to load these textures. Since these tetxures are not supported by DX9 hardware, I converted them to 32-bit ARGB textures on load (with loss of quality on BC6 HDR textures of cause).

I was unable to test all format features (e.g. can't save BC7 sRGB, so I can't be sure whether they will load properly). Also, mip-map texture levels are ignored.
Hi,

This doesn’t seem to work when importing linear BC7 textures from a YTD file. Is that a known problem?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

now it is. :)