Import: nothing happens

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

UtilityRoel

Import: nothing happens

Post by UtilityRoel »

So I stopped with modding like 1 year ago and decided to start again... so bought my new license and started up zmod. everything fine but when I want to import, nothing happens, also no fault codes (still standing zmodeler3 is ready), I know much about zmod but this is really weird... base and etc.. all set fine so I don't know the problem.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Import: nothing happens

Post by Oleg »

is your license OK in License Information window? Are you able to open/save files?

Also, does this issue happen when you import original game models?
UtilityRoel

Post by UtilityRoel »

Thanks for reply. Yes license is OK, tried many truck pmd files and all of them didn't import. I'm ably to open/save and merge files. and it also happens when i want to import a truck from the base. but know i got messages and it sais:ZModeler is ready.
Can't open file for read: C:\Users\roelc\Desktop\RJL Scania R 4-series addon v2.2.4\vehicle\truck\upgrade\bumper\scania_rcab_edit\bumper_4series.
Can't open file for read: C:\Users\roelc\Desktop\RJL Scania R 4-series addon v2.2.4\vehicle\truck\upgrade\bumper\scania_rcab_edit\bumper_4series.
Can't open file for read: C:\Users\roelc\Desktop\RJL Scania R & Streamline v2.2.4\vehicle\truck\scania_rcab_edit\truck.
Error opening stream on "C:\Users\roelc\Desktop\RJL Scania R & Streamline v2.2.4\vehicle\truck\scania_rcab_edit\truck" because of: C:\Users\roelc\Desktop\RJL Scania R & Streamline v2.2.4\vehicle\truck\scania_rcab_edit\truck was not found. file:filestream.cpp line:204

And also there is coming up now in the license overview: revalidate in 6 days, so maybe the problem is in the validate?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

looks like ZModeler is not being run as Administrator and (as a result) has no access to your "C:\Users" folder. Try to import from a different location and make sure to run ZModeler as Administrator.
UtilityRoel

Post by UtilityRoel »

I set multiple import folders but also has no effect.. and sure I run as administrator... Isn't it the validate what i said? Others i don't know
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

"Revalidate in 6 days" is a good validation status.
Create a simple primitive like box and export in Wavefront .obj file. Was ZModeler able to export such a file and import it back? Just to find out whether import/export is available in ZModeler.
UtilityRoel

Post by UtilityRoel »

Nothing works for me concerning importing... very sad cause i was very good with modding,I tried so many things but all don't work for me... I think it's over i don't know what to do next..
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

specify your account name and platform ID, I'll check license on the server side.
UtilityRoel

Post by UtilityRoel »

Account name: UtilityRoel
Platform ID: RCTZC-LT
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Your platform has logged in to license server on October 21st. Assign password 123456 onto your platform again. Run ZModeler, specify your account name and platform password again, close ZModeler and restart as Administrator. Copy your license key in web account. open License Information, press and hold Shift key for 2-3 seconds. You should see your license key in ZModeler and it should get validated in few seconds.
UtilityRoel

Post by UtilityRoel »

I downloaded everything overnew and now i can import, thanks for your help!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

quite likely unlocked model will not get imported. Model locking was used to prevent files to be re-imported. Check whether you can import original game models. If you can't and get some error message, then your license key is probably not installed in ZModeler.
ufosunny

Post by ufosunny »

I am unable to import files. Right after I selected the file and clicked import, nothing happens, and I don't receive a single error message of it.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Most likely you are trying to import a locked file. Try to import original game file to see whether it works or not. Also, create a box primitive, export it as Wavefront OBJ file and import again, does this work?
HoboMonkey

Post by HoboMonkey »

I am also having this issue where I hit import and nothing happens. My license key is OK but it will not let me import.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

If your import button gets dimmed, then you are trying to import a locked file.
Otherwise, the file is probably corrupt and can not be imported. If you thinks the issue is related to license, I advise to export simple cube as .obj file and import it back.
HoboMonkey

Post by HoboMonkey »

Negative, it gets greyed after I press import on the file. Unless that is what you mean?
HoboMonkey

Post by HoboMonkey »

If this is the case how do I unlock it?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

the file is locked by its author for the only purpose - not to be imported again.
pukis525

Post by pukis525 »

i need help too :( new at this stuff and does not let me to click on import :/
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

The file you are trying to import is locked and can not be imported. If you have downloaded someone's model from the web, it is very likely the model is locked by its author to prevent unauthorized modification/alternation.
You should be able to import original game models or non-locked models fine.
pukis525

Post by pukis525 »

The file i have ive been told i will be able to use and ammend it the way i want to. So i dont think its locked
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

If you get dimmed/disabled "Import" button when you click on this file inside "Import" window, then the file is certainly locked. Just give a try to another file (original game file) to see whether something happens on import or not.