First changes with Zmod.

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

fabbromix

First changes with Zmod.

Post by fabbromix »

Dear Communities, I am a beginner with this software, after importing an old truck model into an existing and functioning mod as vague to insert the new Mod (modified by me) in game, it shows me the driver and steering wheel in the center of the chassis of the truck.
I ask for help how to remove this item.
Greetings.

Link photo--> https://imgur.com/qJ4SjdR
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: First changes with Zmod.

Post by Oleg »

Use Select\Element tool on polygons level. select it and press "Del" (Modify\Delete) to delete it.

Switching to polygons level is pressing '3', hovering an object and clicking on an object.
fabbromix

Post by fabbromix »

Thanks Oleg, the fact is that in the program I cannot find / see this element physically (driver figure) and no connection Slot to the base.
If it could be useful, I'll put a screenshot.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

this driver is likely to be a part of a single geometry object. you need to switch that object to polygons level. then use Select\Element tool with right-click on a polygon to select an enclosed element made of polygons inside an object. Check my message above and do it in two steps:
1. switch an object to polygons level (each polygon will have a red dot drawn inside)
2. pick tool Select\Separated in commands bar; hover and right-click on any polygon of this driver;
3. press 'Del'.
fabbromix

Post by fabbromix »

Excuse me so much but I can't understand your steps,
I did this -> load the whole mod -> select all -> polygons -> then I don't understand what I have to find.

Link photo--> https://imgur.com/a/jtmnG0n
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

on your screenshot several objects are switch to polygons level. it's not needed, but OK for current task.
#1 on your screenshot points to Select\Quadr. You should pick "Element" instead (third in a row; after "all", "circle"). then zoom closer, hover any polygon of driver model and right-click on it. then press 'Del' button. then do the same with other fragments of geometry that were not picked/selected with your right-click.
fabbromix

Post by fabbromix »

Unfortunately I can't find anything, maybe I'm wrong.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

sorry, I thought that driver model is a part of your geometry model. You should create a dummy node named "Driver" and put it where you want a driver model to be placed.

to create a dummy node, use "Dummy helper" button on primitives toolbox.

You will need to select and delete driver geometry from original model - the one that is in a cabin as shown on a screenshot. then press Delete to delete it.
Attachments
select_element_delete.jpg
fabbromix

Post by fabbromix »

Dear Oleg with your explanations I solved the problem thanks ....
fabbromix

Post by fabbromix »

Oleg wrote:sorry, I thought that driver model is a part of your geometry model. You should create a dummy node named "Driver" and put it where you want a driver model to be placed.

to create a dummy node, use "Dummy helper" button on primitives toolbox.
However you were not wrong the driver was part of the Mod model.