Scania Interior Animation troubles

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Scania Interior Animation troubles

Post by Oleg »

since I don't know how it looks on original vehicle, may you show a set of screenshots that would explain me better what is wrong there? does animation stop working at all for fuel level indicator, or it animates in a bad way?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Oleg, pictures can be found on previous page in this post viewtopic.php?p=60574#p60574

General idea is that this fuel bar on original model is scaled on one axis while being behind set of "blocks" so it looks like 8 segments. (these blocks are part of a interior model, not anim model)
Also, there is a red block, that is supposed to indicate low fuel level, is hidden behind another "block". It moves closer to player and visible once fuel level is low.

However, after Zmod export, fuel bar and low-fuel indicator are getting moved closer to player, so they are no longer being behind "blocks", but in front of them. Low fuel level indicator becomes visible all the time (when the ignition is off).

Ofcourse, i could move those "blocks" closer to player, so it hides the bars like it should, but it's a kind of "crutch" solution
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Is there any hope for a fix?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Oleg wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:34 am does any combination works fine in game: original anim.pmd and modified .pma file, or modified .pmd and original .pma file?
Have you tried to put modified .pma file into a mod with no changes on anim.pmd scene? does original animated scene and modified (import/export) .pma file give correct result?
Another test is to put modified (import/export) anim.pmd into a mod with no other alternations (original .pma files). Does it have the problem we are spotting here?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

I tested the files that you have provided on the prevoius page.
The results are following:
1) modded pma + pmd - does not work properly
2) only modded pmd - does not work properly
3) only modded pma - works properly

So, something is worng with pmd, even though no changes were done on it

Another interesting thing, i have another modded variant of scania aminations (where i have originally found this anomaly), where i changed variant names, reduced the ammout of looks, and apart from fuel gauges, other indicators, and dashboard display became offset
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Here's what i'm talking about.

This is my animation. I changed: names of variants, ammout of looks. Changed animation for windows (so that they don't go as low)
How it looks in zmod (all ok)
https://youtu.be/o-uhhrCUAyI

and in game (broken). Notice how indicators, coolant bar and fuel bar move further toward player on my modification
https://youtu.be/B4p_m4vZCOs

Here you can see broken dashboard on different animation variant (same pmd). Welcome screen does not move away after animation is played
https://youtu.be/4OEqQjmXVXs

And this is how default animation works
https://youtu.be/W6qVFN3j5_c

(sorry for background noises on some videos)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Looks like I can't find the cause of this issue. Does it happen to these animated elements only or entire anim.pmd scene is moved (e.g. rpm indicator and other animated indicators - are they moved toward the driver too) ??
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

I looked closely again, and it seems that whole anim.pmd scene is getting offset. it's just most visible on fuel bars