Shades under the wheels

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

Mmeister

Shades under the wheels

Post by Mmeister »

Hi,

If I may ask about the shade under the wheels. I just can't get them to be displayed right in the game. Its not entirely Zmodeler work, since theres DDS I edit with Paint.net (maybe I'm doing it wrong idk tbh) but regardless any info/tip as to what's the deal with this would be appreciated.

So with trailer there's sorta working at least in game, but not in configurator menu.

With the truck I can't get it to work at all. Is there some fixed relation between pixels of *.dds file & size of the floor in modeler?
- I've streched the floor, updated the dds file, but in game the dds remains default or just not up to proper scale for some reason...

Again, any tip/info how this works would be appreciated, since I've tried many option, none worked as intended.
Dotec

Re: Shades under the wheels

Post by Dotec »

ui_shadow and ingame drive use different shadow objects.
for ui you need to add a pmg with the name ui_shadow and add it to the chassis sii

for ingame you have to add the same object to the chassis file and select the shader fakeshadow
Mmeister

Post by Mmeister »

Hi, thanks for reply. Is there any guide on how to do this?
Dotec

Post by Dotec »

not really. I spent many hours to adjust the shadow objects.

there is one tutorial by scssoft:
https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Tutori ... ed_Shadows
Mmeister

Post by Mmeister »

Appreciate a lot. Thank you.
Mmeister

Post by Mmeister »

Hi,

I've updated the Scania model to fix the collisions and in game weird shadow under the wheels appears? I did similar update today with Volvo FH16 and no such effect happens.

I assume some update caused the change. Any solutions?

Mmeister

Post by Mmeister »

Never mind, got wrong mat set as explained above. Mat i used was not a fakeshadow but truckpaint. So changing the mat worked.
Mmeister

Post by Mmeister »

After my noob mistakes, any help would be appreciated with what I'm doing wrong.

So I've set my model floor shading for 5 axles but can't get rear axle to display proper shading on the ground. The modded 10x model is based of 8x4 SCS Scania S.

Here are my inputs:

Truck model.

Ui_shadow

Edited *.dds in paint.net

Edited *.sii & *.tobj

I get missing texture in preview/garage.

And some weird shaded box in size of 8x4 chassis.