Language translation file

Troubleshooting gudes, solutions and other ZModeler3-related discussion

Moderator: Oleg

AUG1127

Language translation file

Post by AUG1127 »

I would like to ask if the administrator can provide the original English Language xml file? Most of the options and prompts in the existing translation files are not translated, so I want to re-translate the language files
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Language translation file

Post by Oleg »

Here's a native log of elements ZModeler tries to translate. It can be used as a template for translation.

Elements with * (or multiple **) in a name should not be translated, as these are multiple translation requests for the same item.
AUG1127

Post by AUG1127 »

The file seems to be much more complicated than the existing translation files. You said yesterday that you should not bring*** characters, but I see the names with*. Is it correct to modify this? (Sorry, the content of using Google translation reply may cause you not to understand this conversation)
Attachments
03-08 175210.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

if you see name="*abcde", then there was somewhere earlier an identical name="abcde" that translation module was requested to translate. Once it is requested to translate again, it will be asked for "*abcde" and this entry will appear in an XML. It should not be translated and can be removed (probably with the whole group). The third attempt will create an entry "**abcde" and so on. For example, when I open properties window for Object, then the same properties window for vertices and polygons, translation module is asked to translate properties window three times.
Sun2k

Post by Sun2k »

Hello, I am interested in this topic.

Where should I put the empty_log.xml file after translating it?

THANKS
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

You should give it a name like "Portuguese.xml" and put it into Language folder. Then select "Portuguese" in Settings->General->Language and restart ZModeler.
Sun2k

Post by Sun2k »

Thank you.. so I did a test and I got this error and in "Configuration" Language disappeared: services::CLocalizationService" initialization failed file:reposlibs.cpp line:475

Even if I delete the mylanguage.xlm file there is no longer the Language parameter in "Configuration"
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

expand error message in messaging bar for more details. most likely your xml has syntax error and localization service did not start.
Sun2k

Post by Sun2k »

Ok thank you.. I did not know that we can develop the error message

Here is what I have:
Service "services::CLocalizationService" initialization failed file:reposlibs.cpp line:475
ZModeler is ready.

I specify that the file is original that I downloaded earlier in this thread