UV rendering does not work in compounds.

Troubleshooting gudes, solutions and other ZModeler3-related discussion

Moderator: Oleg

Lumen

UV rendering does not work in compounds.

Post by Lumen »

After the last update of 3Modeler, where the ability to map LOD levels was added without disassembling the compound, RenderUV stopped working in UV Mapper. Rendering seems to be happening, the percentage bar is activated, but the output is an empty file with a black background.
Now, in order to render the mesh, it's time to disassemble the compound (dismiss button).

Oleg
Site Admin

Re: UV rendering does not work in compounds.

Post by Oleg »

may you delete most of objects in scene and send me the small .z3d example scene that reproduces this? I was unable to reproduce this with "Render UV" and fulls scene made of compound objects only (GTA vehicle and test flat surface under it). Rendering goes fine for wireframe atlas like on your sceenshot and for ambient occlusion mode too. If I toggle states off (no objects visible), render gives no shading like nothing is there, but still renders fine. when I toggle L0 to make vehicle visible, render can see it and creates a shadow on a surface's AO texture while rendering.
Lumen

Post by Lumen »

Oleg wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:43 am may you delete most of objects in scene and send me the small .z3d example scene that reproduces this? I was unable to reproduce this with "Render UV" and fulls scene made of compound objects only (GTA vehicle and test flat surface under it). Rendering goes fine for wireframe atlas like on your sceenshot and for ambient occlusion mode too. If I toggle states off (no objects visible), render gives no shading like nothing is there, but still renders fine. when I toggle L0 to make vehicle visible, render can see it and creates a shadow on a surface's AO texture while rendering.
yes, now I will prepare the scene and send it to private messages.
this problem is not only mine
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Fixed, get an update.

Mind, you still need to toggle L0 (or other compound state) to make the rendered node visible in scene (even if you render UV atlas of it), as render UV will ignore UV Mapping for objects that are not currently seen in 3D (e.g. when L0 is toggled off for GTA vehicle).
Lumen

Post by Lumen »

Oleg wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:24 am Fixed, get an update.

Mind, you still need to toggle L0 (or other compound state) to make the rendered node visible in scene (even if you render UV atlas of it), as render UV will ignore UV Mapping for objects that are not currently seen in 3D (e.g. when L0 is toggled off for GTA vehicle).
yes, it is clear that you need to enable the display of the lod.
thanks for being responsive!