Zmodeler crashes after merging object

Troubleshooting gudes, solutions and other ZModeler3-related discussion

Moderator: Oleg

mistersix

Zmodeler crashes after merging object

Post by mistersix »

Hello. This time im having a trouble with merging option. Its usually working as intended but here with this particular object after merging from another z3d file it shows errors and basically crashes(it becomes unusable and it requires restart). Is it becuase object is broken somehow or what is the cause? Image
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Zmodeler crashes after merging object

Post by Oleg »

what is your Rendering Device selected on "Settings" page?
mistersix

Post by mistersix »

Its looking like that. Sometimes it lets merge this object but its looking broken(some triangles are missing on user and perspective views when on 3d is fine), however most of the times it just crash immediately or shows errors mentioned above. And it happenes only with this one object, all of the rest are fine.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

when you merge an object, it should not exceed 64K vertices. before you merge, select both objects and check vertices count in Properties->mesh->vertices branch.
mistersix

Post by mistersix »

But its only 2083 vertices. I have to export it to obj and import into my z3d to get it to work.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

something is probably corrupt in a geometry object. may you attach it to your post or upload it, I'll check whether the problem could be reproduced on my laptop...
mistersix

Post by mistersix »

Here it is. You can check it out by yourself. I dont think textures are needed because its about the geometry i think.
Attachments
corrupted object.z3d
(1007.92 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it loads fine to me. is this a merged object already?
mistersix

Post by mistersix »

No , this is original z3d this object came from. It opens fine but when i merge it into another z3d then it causes crashes, even if i merge it into empty z3d. I've made the video showcasing it. https://youtu.be/RMlG8JU0eQI
You can see that after merge zmodeler freaks out, locks completely, and after some time these errors are showing up.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

hmm... nope, it file/merges just fine too.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

have you tried to export this object (for example to OBJ) and re-import it again. then save as .z3d and merge again. may be import/export of geometry will do some fix... actually, I don't see anything strange with the file itself.
mistersix

Post by mistersix »

Yeah i recently discovered it can be done this way and i'm able to merge this object without any crashes happening in program. Yet still don't know why i couldn't merge it from the original z3d. I guess its because sort of curruption in z3d itself(?) and object alone exported is fine.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Once I get to my dev computer, I could be able to check it deeply. currently, i've tested file\merge command on my laptop device and got not errors.