Dynamic spoiler on comet6

Troubleshooting gudes, solutions and other ZModeler3-related discussion

Moderator: Oleg

Aleksey

Dynamic spoiler on comet6

Post by Aleksey »

Hi guys. I faced such a problem: I saw a spoiler from comet6 and decided to make it on my model, but the problem is that it refuses to work on my dlc. If you make a replacement, then the spoiler works, and if you change comet6 to something else, it also does not work. I looked at the carcols code and others, but there is no mention of a spoiler in it. Please tell me what to do.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Dynamic spoiler on comet6

Post by Oleg »

yes, it is enabled somewhere in vehicle's metadata options, it's not a issue with the export itself.

you can make your dlc based on comet6 model and it will work fine then.
Aleksey

Post by Aleksey »

No, that's not the point. I searched all the code related to comet 6 and there is not a single mention of a spoiler in it. All the necessary flags are registered.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

just a quick test - put your modded .yft file over comet.yft file in game's DLC, and spoiler will work. some file related to comet does have the option to enable the spoiler.
13stewartc

Post by 13stewartc »

The comet6 spoiler is hard-coded functionality. It only works on the comet6 and its convertible variant. (Its most likely somewhere in the .exe) There's no way (without an external script) for this functionality to work on other vehicles.