Troubleshooting gudes, solutions and other ZModeler3-related discussion

Moderator: Oleg

thunderhawk17382

Objects disappear after moving in hierarchy

Post by thunderhawk17382 »

Hey Oleg,
i have noticed the following problem.

Win 10 Pro
ZModeler 64 bit 3.2.0 (Build 1182) ..... (problem was present in several last builds)

Problem while using Zmod3 main window on first display and scene nodes browser window on an second display:
1. Moving an object/node in hierarchy
2. After dropping it on desired position, it disappears in hierarchy 5 of 10 times or even up to 9/10.

Workaround to make the object/node visible again: Move any object up or down (via buttons). - Object appaers on top of the list in hierarchy.

I've noticed that this issue doesn't occur in any way, while the scene nodes browser window is located on first display (overlapping the main window).

Did i miss special settings for multi displays?

Best regards,
Stefan
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Objects disappear after moving in hierarchy

Post by Oleg »

I'll try to test your scenario on two screens. Does this object has to be specific (like extracted from compound or a group)? Do you have a scene (.z3d file) that often generates this bug? Also, does this happen when you drop onto a node, drop-insert it between nodes or drop onto empty area (to unlink from parent) ?

Meanwhile, I was unable yet to reproduce this problem. May you install the most recent version of ZModeler and let me know whether it suffers the same problem or not? (3.2.1. 1192)
thunderhawk17382

Thanks for your response!

I will update / install the latest version as soon as possible.

So far .... it happened in several different files.
If i remember correct, it happens in all of your listed scenarios ("drop onto / drop insert between / drop onto empty")

As said, the crazy thing is, that it seems completly gone while placing the scene nodes browser window on first display (overlapping the main window).

I will test it further and collect some data, to provide more infos and better feedback!

Best regards,
Stefan
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

is your second display use different scale? May you set both screens to have the same scale and test it for a while? I've noticed some strange behavior of floating bars (and their size) when moving them from one display to another (use different scale: 100 and 175), but drag&drop was still Ok.
thunderhawk17382

Hey Oleg, i have finally found the time to do some more tests.

Zmod3 64-bit 3.2.1.1194 was used for the results below.
I am using different resolutions for my displays. But the problem still occurs with only 2 1920 x 1080 displays. See explanation at the buttom.

With deactivated third (4:3 1280 x 1024) display:
Second display on the right side (with scene nodes browser) - Everything works fine!
Second display on the left side (with scene nodes browser) - Problem occurs!

The information above may possibly help you to reproduce it and find the problem.

Best regards,
Stefan
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

too bad I have sold my second display in the meantime. I'll try this scenario with my TV attached as the secondary screen. So far I assume the problem happens when nodes browser is on the left of main window (primary display)?
thunderhawk17382

Yes, exactly!
I've tried several things before, but just yesterday i have placed the nodes browser on the right display and everything worked correct.
So i have reproduced that several times with the same result. After that i have changed the arrangement of the displays in NVIDIA settings.
And again, placed on the left display, the problem occured.

As said, it seems to be narrowed down to nodes browser placed on left display (relative to primary display with main window).

Best regards,
Stefan
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

get the recent update.
I was able to reproduce this problem but was not actually able to trace the source of it. The fix should prevent drag and drop to be made when ill-formed drop setup is detected. Also, hovering "+" sign while dragging should expand an associated item, it was not working on "left-side" display.
thunderhawk17382

Updated and tested. Everything seem to work correct now! Thanks!