New Platform ID again

Troubleshooting and guides for managing your ZModeler3 account and licenses.

Moderator: Oleg

Trucker98

New Platform ID again

Post by Trucker98 »

Hi,
after some Problems with Hyper-V I got a new Platform ID again.

But sady I can´t revoke my 1 year license from my old platform now.
Is there a way that I can use it until it ends?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: New Platform ID again

Post by Oleg »

delete/blacklist your old platform ID in web account. then submit new platform ID and activate the remaining part of license for the new platform ID.
Trucker98

Post by Trucker98 »

Hi,
thank you. That worked.

Now Zmod says, that my license is expired.

In another thread I found this:
Oleg wrote:In most of cases this is solved by issuing new license key for your license following steps:
1. remove platform ID from account
2. submit the same platform ID again.
3. activate license for your platform ID again and this time it will get a new license key generated.
4. remove both CodeLib files from "Shared" folder of ZModeler to remove old license key from zmodeler
5. run zmodeler and let it download updates (or unpack "codelib.zmx" file into "Shared" folder from original "zmodeler3_x64.zip" package).
6. assign password onto your newly-submitted platform in web account on "My computers" page.
7. run ZModeler and specify your account name and platform password from step #6 in ZModeler's "Account setup" page in About window. Press OK and restart ZModeler.

Make sure you run ZModeler as Administrator when license needs to be installed or validated. The rest of time you can run ZModeler in a regular way.
But I can´t remove the new platform ID from my account, because this will BlackList the ID, correct?

Sadly this stops me from my work right now....
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you can add your platform onto your account safely after it was removed/blacklisted.
License shown as "Expired" in ZModeler is caused by bad days on license key. Remove platform, activate license again to get a new license key in such a situation.
Trucker98

Post by Trucker98 »

Thank you.

So the Blacklisting is only active if I want to add the ID to another account?

Now its finally working again. Hope I won´t get these type of problems again in one year (last year at this time also I got problems with my license).
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

blacklisted platforms are inspected when platform ID requests for license key validation (blacklisting detaches license).
Adding platform ID onto your account again (or onto another account) is safe, if you assign license onto such a platform.

Keep in mind this warning:
blacklist->add platform again->activate license->run zmodeler is safe for license. This method is safe even if your copy of ZModeler still contains old license key installed in application (an associated license was already activated again, the key in ZModeler is not valid and get replaced with new/valid license key automatically).
blacklist->run zmodeler is harmful, as license detached from blacklisted platform will get banned.
Trucker98

Post by Trucker98 »

Thank you.

I think I got it! :)