GTA 5: ZModeler3 import/export plugin (Now available)

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

bronyrapper

gta v vehicle parts

Post by bronyrapper »

I hope this helps you Oleg and MrGTAmodsgerman, this is my understanding of every vehicle part and dummy to my knowledge

chassis - the interior, underbody, engine bay, boot, and any other misc interior objects
bodyshell - things like the roof, rear panels, the grill, and any other misc exterior objects
doors, hood, boot, bumpers - obvious, however on the doors there are handle_xside_x (where xside is dside or pside and _x is _f or _r) which i'm guessing is where the open door animation is centered to, and on the boot or rear bumper is "Platelight" now all that is, is a simple dummy that emits a bit of light at night time so the plate is visible
wing_xf (where xf is lf or rf) - the front quarter panels on the vehicle (between the doors and the front of the car)
window_xm(x) (where xm is lm or rm and where (x) is anything from _xm to xm9) - a replacement for the misc_x's of gta iv (where misc_x is misc_a, misc_b etc.) you can now have alot of windows, perfect example is bus or airbus
wheel_xx, indicator_xx, headlight_x, taillight_x, brakelight_x (where _x is _l or _r and _xx is lf, lr, rf, or rr) - the same as gta iv
extra_x (where _x is a number EXCEPT for "extra_ten") - the extra's on a car, same as gta iv, but these go up to 12 (possibly more) but the 10th one MUST be named as _ten not _10, and extra_11 and _12 are used as interior extras (example coffee cup holders, iFruit holders)
slipstream_x (where _x is _l or _r) - the dummy responsible for slipstreams, don't know what a slipstream is? spawn a plane, fly fast, and look at the wing tips
attach_x (where _x is _female or _male) - female is the connection point on a vehicle (example is sadler) and male is the point on the tip of the trailer where it connects to the female part on the towing vehicle
extralight_x (where _x is a number, example _4) - works the same as headlight_2 in gta sa, when you set it to highbeams, the extralighs come on

there's some more i'll go into after i get back from work, about 8 hours from this post's time, hope this helps

EDIT: home from work and there isn't much more to go into except things on specific vehicles, like rudders on boats, tail fins on planes, stuff like that, the self explanatory stuff
MrGTAmodsgerman

Re: gta v vehicle parts

Post by MrGTAmodsgerman »

@bronyrapper

Thanks, i know the most stuff of your post from GTA SA, and the most part are selfexplained but i dont know what this is
What are these parts that is linked to wheel_lf?
Anyone know this?
die

Post by die »

MrGTAmodsgerman wrote:@bronyrapper

Thanks, i know the most stuff of your post from GTA SA, and the most part are selfexplained but i dont know what this is
Anyone know this?
Those are wheels, _lx indicates LOD of the wheel geometry (l0, l1 and l2). But I cant find what is _ng
bronyrapper

Post by bronyrapper »

die wrote:But I cant find what is _ng
not even google knows
FPS

Post by FPS »

MrGTAmodsgerman wrote:@bronyrapper

Anyone know this?
maybe the NG thingy is a collision box or something ?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: GTA 5: ZModeler3 import/export plugin (NOT AVAILABLE)

Post by Oleg »

it is unused. left there for some reason, I can't say whether model will work without it, but it looks like it's completely useless dummy node.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:it is unused. left there for some reason, I can't say whether model will work without it, but it looks like it's completely useless dummy node.
Let me guess, a dummy node for tunable rims?
MrGTAmodsgerman

Chasez wrote:
Oleg wrote:it is unused. left there for some reason, I can't say whether model will work without it, but it looks like it's completely useless dummy node.
Thanks all, so ng cant be the dummy for tunable rims because cars that you cant tune have this dummy included.
Look at the North Yankton cars, you cant change the wheels with mods but the dummy is on it.

ng stands for something.
L = LOD
L1 = LOD1...
N = ?
NG = ?
die

Post by die »

MrGTAmodsgerman wrote:
Chasez wrote:
Thanks all, so ng cant be the dummy for tunable rims because cars that you cant tune have this dummy included.
Look at the North Yankton cars, you cant change the wheels with mods but the dummy is on it.

ng stands for something.
L = LOD
L1 = LOD1...
N = ?
NG = ?
NG=No Geometry, LOL
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

die wrote: NG=No Geometry, LOL
nice guess. :)

lowest LOD has wheel already made on chassis model.
Alvarez

Post by Alvarez »

Can't be sure for N, maybe Normal, but i'm sure NG stands for NextGen.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

MrGTAmodsgerman wrote:
Chasez wrote:

ng stands for something.
L = LOD
L1 = LOD1...
N = ?
NG = ?
Any more questions?

P.S. ng - natively generated maybe?
Attachments
OpenIV
OpenIV
Can't be tuned in LS customs but...
Can't be tuned in LS customs but...
With trainer you can
With trainer you can
liam247

Post by liam247 »

it could be the letters ATOMIC on the wheels. As you a can see.
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... ictire.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I've updated the very first post:

Jul.10 Vehicle-specific shaders were ported and explored. Some unknown aspects will be cleared-out when it could be possible to make export and test in game. General scene setup is polished out. Physics is poorly known. Smashing-glass code is located but not decoded at all.

Some comments on what is meant out there.

Scene hierarchy rules for ZModeler are defined strictly now: you might take your mods and prepare the scene to match the needs of the "possible available in the future" exporter. The import-only plugin will be released (probably in late July), so you can see what scene setup the filter will expect from you on export. Making the clean and well-defined scene setup caused me to create a long-awaiting feature that I had in my todo list for ages: "object group". You can take several nodes and combine them into a group, acting then as a single object. This requires a lot of code to be updated, so the group can be properly manipulated by tools, but I've made it as a very basic implementation, so you can only combine objects in group and unroll the group back. It's quite enough currently, considering the task in a question - make it possible to create a scene setup as the filter will require on export.
bronyrapper

Post by bronyrapper »

Oleg wrote:The import-only plugin will be released (probably in late June)
Of next year?
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

bronyrapper wrote:
Oleg wrote:The import-only plugin will be released (probably in late June)
Of next year?
I hope he means July.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

is it July already? the time passes by so fast... yup, I meant July :)
jani201

Post by jani201 »

Great progress so far, oleg 8) keep up the good work! 8)
f5544

Post by f5544 »

great work Oleg,

Still busy with decoding the sirens,

I found this.
http://i58.tinypic.com/rldijd.png

you see that there is one light that is white. Do you know if this is a coding bug in other files or the in the car?
this is the undercover police car. maybe you could find a difference in siren dummy node?
one is white.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what .yft file is this?
f5544

Post by f5544 »

Hmm i think police4. Not at the PC right now.
AitGamers

Post by AitGamers »

Oleg, see this http://www.gtainside.com/en/gta5/cars/7 ... lago-v1-1/
maybe help you in Zmodeler3
MrGTAmodsgerman

AitGamers wrote:Oleg, see this http://www.gtainside.com/en/gta5/cars/7 ... lago-v1-1/
maybe help you in Zmodeler3
This is a Map model combinded with a script. I got the same idea but its not Vehicle editing.

So NG seems like Next Gen because most files on PC stands for Next Gen.
I think its like this:

Wheel center Dummy
+ Wheel old gen version (low quality)
+ Wheel LOD 1 low Distance
+ Wheel LOD 2 lowest Distance
+ Wheel Model in Next Gen Vertex amount (The Model of the Wheel)

so the vehiclename.yft is old gen (low distance) and the vehiclename_hi.yft is Next Gen

And NG cant be the tuning dummy, try it on North Yankton Cars, you will see, no mod can change the Wheel.

good work @Oleg
bronyrapper

Post by bronyrapper »

Oleg wrote:is it July already? the time passes by so fast... yup, I meant July :)
So in less than roughly 20 days, we'll have an import system?
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

Oleg please update status