GTA 5: ZModeler3 import/export plugin (Now available)

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

MrGTAmodsgerman

Re: GTA 5: ZModeler3 import/export plugin (NOT AVAILABLE)

Post by MrGTAmodsgerman »

Hi,
First of all i have to say nice job Oleg :D
I have lost count, 1.could you please post a Checklist what do you have done?
2.Oleg, did you know what the invisible car parts is? Like dashglow, platelight...? Is that a Dummy like in GTA SA?
Im very interested in this Thread because i want to prepare my first GTA 5 Car Mod.
3.Could you please post some pictures? Iam very interested how GTA 5 react to new Models with/out Material.

so keep it up!!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I've updated the first post with two images.

Concerning the #2, I'm not sure what you mean there. what is dashglow or what is platelight... Also, the scene hierarchy was not yet created, so I can't say what objects/dummies are used. You can see them in openIV's YFT viewer currently.

The game requires materials to be properly configured. each material is assigned a shader (like "vehicle_mesh" or "vehicle_paint1") and shader is equipped with pre-defined set of parameters. When these conditions match, the game will draw the geometry, otherwise it will crash with "invalid resource" error message. Textures could be missing, this will not cause the crash. the game will keep the last used texture for associated shader. E.g. when some interior texture is missing, the vehicle will appear with texture of the "interior" of another vehicle that passes by, then it flickers or changes to another texture used earlier by some other scene objects, and so on. You might have seen the "Armitruck" image I've posted earlier = it has no original textures, instead it appears with some other textures that game has used recently.
MrGTAmodsgerman

Oleg wrote: when some interior texture is missing, the vehicle will appear with texture of the "interior" of another vehicle that passes by, then it flickers or changes to another texture used earlier by some other scene objects, and so on. You might have seen the "Armitruck" image I've posted earlier = it has no original textures, instead it appears with some other textures that game has used recently.
Thank you, yea i know that, i just find out by try a convert of GTA Online Clothes to Singleplayer. Pretty wried but better then white like San Andreas. So i just ask for the Hirachy parts like dashglow that is not a 3d model, it must be a dummy or something like that but i cant see it in OpenIV. Thats why i ask sorry :shock:

Nice Pics, so for easy Mod progress testing, just use the OpenIV new Modloader function
http://gtaforums.com/topic/798272-how-t ... iles-safe/
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Great job Oleg.
About the license plate, is the font on the second layer and the plate and plate normal map on the first layer? what's going on with the dirt map on that, which layer it uses on license plate and do we edit it separately or it has a specific dirt map like on tires that matches the diffuse map?
And what exactly do you mean by tail lights being toggled on?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

i'll submit all settings for vehicle shaders, including required texture slots and their settings. Some configurations are pretty complex and will be equipped with a "one click" configuration option (like the preset available for rFactor in top-right corner of materials editor).
MrGTAmodsgerman

@Oleg:
Nice.
1.Do you plan to make the first GTA 5 Carmod? And if you plan it, which car? :D
2.GTA 5 Use UVW Channels right? Or did you didnt find it out yet?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

1. I have a savegame with buffalo2 parked. I use it to make modification tests. I'm not making any mods personally, as I'm not a modder.
2. GTA5 uses 2D uv mapping. At least in vehicle shaders. There are volumetric samplers in peds and ped components (peds_*.fxc) that probably use spherical [or cylindrical] uv unwrapping, but I'm not working with peds models currently.

P.S. where is the "ENVEFF_Gray" texture located? I can't find it yet.
Attachments
ped_component_004.jpg
MrGTAmodsgerman

@Oleg Thanks for the info. So i cant find the Texture. It sounds like a Shader Texture that is included in some Model "embedded Texture". I only find some Textures with env1 included in the vehsharearmy.ytd. Where u get that name? "ENVEFF" Is the link to the Texture but i didnt find something.

Ps: Do you have some pics of the first model result ingame?
Alvarez

Post by Alvarez »

Oleg wrote:I'm not making any mods personally, as I'm not a modder.
Neither are the other developers.

You'd need to showcase your product upon release, though. A Tampa from GTAIV (or any other many-requested iconical cars from Rockstar) showcase made in Editor would cause a impact on potential customers, when released on YouTube and maybe even consider to pre-order the license for sake of upcoming import function in ZModeler.
MrGTAmodsgerman

@Alvarez Yea thats right. If you try to convert a car with your ZM Tool, then you know what issuse your tool have and what you can do to make the tool better.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Yup. Once this will be possible, I'll convert some car. Probably, it will be some vehicle from WatchDogs, as I don't have GTA4 on my PC anymore.
MrGTAmodsgerman

Oleg wrote:Yup. Once this will be possible, I'll convert some car. Probably, it will be some vehicle from WatchDogs, as I don't have GTA4 on my PC anymore.
Cool :D Did you have any first new car ingame pics?
I can not imagine it how it looks. I wanna help you, so i can give you the GTA 4 Models if you want. I have all GTAs, Episodes From Liberty City...

Ps: Did you find the Texture?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Oleg wrote:Once this will be possible.
It is not possible yet. The export is at 0%, I haven't been working on this yet.
MrGTAmodsgerman

Oleg wrote:
It is not possible yet. The export is at 0%, I haven't been working on this yet.
@Oleg Oh sorry, i understand now. Hmm ok i wait
liam247

Post by liam247 »

MrGTAmodsgerman wrote:
Oleg wrote:
@Oleg Oh sorry, i understand now. Hmm ok i wait
Oleg tells us, he's going to take his time and produce a stable and fully working filter. Read the thead, he says so lol...

Btw, great work so far Oleg, keep it up plz bud. Got money waiting to buy zm3 and the V filter. :)
MrGTAmodsgerman

liam247 wrote:
Oleg tells us, he's going to take his time and produce a stable and fully working filter. Read the thead, he says so lol...

Btw, great work so far Oleg, keep it up plz bud. Got money waiting to buy zm3 and the V filter. :)
I read every site of this Thread here, i have read something about crashing game after export, but now i know i missunderstood it
agens

Post by agens »

Oleg wrote:Yup. Once this will be possible, I'll convert some car. Probably, it will be some vehicle from WatchDogs, as I don't have GTA4 on my PC anymore.

Hello Олег
Возьми какую нибудь тачку из Mafia 2 для первого экспорта.В WatchDogs машины не очень красиво смотряться.
Думаю люди больше оценят.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

mafia2 models are way too lowpoly.
MrGTAmodsgerman

Oleg wrote:mafia2 models are way too lowpoly.
OMG MAFIA 2 that is a great Idea, But it neets to be a big project, Project called GTA 5 in the 60s and 40s or something like that :lol: The GTA 5 Traffic is so realistic, it will be look so real and like the real 60s with Mafia 2 Cars. But GTA 5 Cars are Medium Poly, so i look at some cars in OpenIV. Great Idea! Keep it Up. But Mafia 2 Cars dont have a good Interior for the GTA 5 Speedometer. So for that we have to looking for Car Models with good useable Interiors, Forza 4,5? Project Cars? GTA 4?
_dimka_

Post by _dimka_ »

MrGTAmodsgerman wrote:
Oleg wrote:mafia2 models are way too lowpoly.
OMG MAFIA 2 that is a great Idea, But it neets to be a big project, Project called GTA 5 in the 60s and 40s or something like that :lol: The GTA 5 Traffic is so realistic, it will be look so real and like the real 60s with Mafia 2 Cars. But GTA 5 Cars are Medium Poly, so i look at some cars in OpenIV. Great Idea! Keep it Up. But Mafia 2 Cars dont have a good Interior for the GTA 5 Speedometer. So for that we have to looking for Car Models with good useable Interiors, Forza 4,5? Project Cars? GTA 4?
You can see my job, its Hot Rod from Mafia 2 i working for it about 2-3 weeks past 3 months for convert it to BeamNG, but i have no time, High-poly model, re-created textures, 80 meshes, fully re-created interior and suspension. Anyone can do anything with models, its not hard but very long.
Attachments
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
f5544

Post by f5544 »

can't wait to mod :D, maybe first just simple lightbar mods.
As i like the medium poly cars. because maybe we get the taxi bug from gta 4 back with high poly cars.
RedFlamez

Post by RedFlamez »

Hello!

I'm very excited about GTA modding. I have been monitoring these forums for a while now watching the progress of car mods unfold.

I'm a shader programmer, and I have 4+ years of experience. I noticed on the front page you mentioned working on porting shaders to progress to the next stages of the import/export of car models. I was wondering if you needed any help, I'd love to help and bring car mods to the modding community. :)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

vehicle shaders are generally ported to zmod. unfortunately, some models do not spawn to me via native trainer or any other trainer, so some shaders setup is a guessed set (mostly uv channels on maps base/bump/spec are guessed). You've seen above a guessed set for shader on armi trtailer and a slightly different shot from in game.

currently, I'm making a mesh split option (like you see in openiv) so model is split to parts like in gta4 import.

Edit:
here's the list of vehicle shaders in game:

Code: Select all

vehicle_apply_damage.fxc
vehicle_badges.fxc
vehicle_basic.fxc
vehicle_blurredrotor.fxc
vehicle_cloth.fxc
vehicle_cloth2.fxc
vehicle_dash_emissive.fxc
vehicle_dash_emissive_opaque.fxc
vehicle_decal.fxc
vehicle_decal2.fxc
vehicle_detail.fxc
vehicle_detail2.fxc
vehicle_emissive_opaque.fxc
vehicle_generic.fxc
vehicle_interior.fxc
vehicle_interior2.fxc
vehicle_licenseplate.fxc
vehicle_lightsemissive.fxc
vehicle_mesh.fxc
vehicle_mesh_enveff.fxc
vehicle_paint1.fxc
vehicle_paint1_enveff.fxc
vehicle_paint2.fxc
vehicle_paint2_enveff.fxc
vehicle_paint3.fxc
vehicle_paint3_enveff.fxc
vehicle_paint4.fxc
vehicle_paint4_enveff.fxc
vehicle_paint5_enveff.fxc
vehicle_paint6.fxc
vehicle_paint6_enveff.fxc
vehicle_shuts.fxc
vehicle_tire.fxc
vehicle_track.fxc
vehicle_vehglass.fxc
vehicle_vehglass_crack.fxc
vehicle_vehglass_inner.fxc
if you can locate (via openiv) models (yft, ydr, ydd - just any) that use any of these shaders, please specify a file. i haven't been exploring lot of models, but haven't located yet the following to be used:

vehicle_vehglass_crack (may be this is applied dynamically instead of vehicle_vehglass when damage is needed?)
vehicle_paint2_enveff
vehicle_paint3_enveff
vehicle_paint5
vehicle_cloth
vehicle_cloth2
vehicle_detail
vehicle_interior
vehicle_generic
MrGTAmodsgerman

Oleg wrote: currently, I'm making a mesh split option (like you see in openiv) so model is split to parts like in gta4 import.
Cool, so what do you mean with mesh split option? Import a care with splited parts or Import a model that will be automaticly slitted?

So i just find out how to do a Chrome Material in GTA 5.
If you only have a specular Map on a Material = Chrome

I do some experiments on GTA 5 about Materials.

I hope that helped you in any way :wink:

MrGTAmodsgerman
f5544

Post by f5544 »

he means the split option to split the car in part like the bumper etc.

Oleg will you also look at the siren dummy's, i think there are more options in them like the color and the way of light pattern(strobe/rotating fast and slow rotating normal)?