GTA4 WFT Export discussion

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

Doombuster

Post by Doombuster »

Archer wrote:Заметил что на родных ГТА моделях такого нету...
Я и на игровых моделях это замечаю. Это не баг точно. Попробуй сильно ударить в игре допустим такси Кебби (такой желтый минивен) на нем лучше видно. Внутри вмятины станет заметен такой темный прямоугольник. На твоих скринах видна часть этого прямоугольника
silvermanblue

Post by silvermanblue »

Hello, I have been trying to add the default gta 4 lightbar to the ingame sabre. Thought everytime I export it to my vehicle img it corrupts the img and I need to reinstall. Is there a workflow I can follow to make this work, because I dont want to have to reinstall the game again. Also I do have backups but its like the game knows and crashes with thaat sc10 error.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

keep a backup of .img files that you modify.
Lt.Caine

Post by Lt.Caine »

Hi Oleg,

I've got an issue with a car I'm working on:

When I shoot the windows, well, it's like they have no collision -- so I don't see any shells or anything, the bullets just go right through as if nothing was there. Although, the glass breaks normally when I break it from the inside the car to pull out a gun.

The game doesn't crash though, which is great.

Any idea what may be causing this? (I set the ID for the window meshes and their COL meshes to 136 and the front window 137)
pecet

Post by pecet »

Hi, I have a very important question. How to sort out objects in the hierarchy and materials to the light globes from the front and rear worked well. That is to say that it was beneath them will see the material lightsemissive. I have this problem in some cars and not just me. So please help me :(
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

headlight glass should be last inside of bodyshell or chassis object. detach polygons and attach them again.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

pecet wrote:Hi, I have a very important question. How to sort out objects in the hierarchy and materials to the light globes from the front and rear worked well. That is to say that it was beneath them will see the material lightsemissive. I have this problem in some cars and not just me. So please help me :(
I think...just you, because everyone else I know already know about this :)
pecet

Post by pecet »

Hi, I have a problem with the lights in the Mazda RX-7. The idea is that the lights open up too high. Do you know how can I fix it? And if you do open the light in any car or only hakumai? Screens:
Kotton

Post by Kotton »

only hakumai.. try settn the rotational values in the node properties user definitions

still lookn for a cure for these horrible interior/floor/seat shadows.. insight please?

Image Image
Threepwood

Post by Threepwood »

Same trouble here - deplaced shadows on the interior ground/seats/anywhere you do not need them. Any idea how to avoid them and/or how they appear?
RTC BARON

Post by RTC BARON »

i got a problem with converting, when i replace original lod1 game start crashing, is there some way to fix this?
///M_5

Post by ///M_5 »

RTC BARON wrote:i got a problem with converting, when i replace original lod1 game start crashing, is there some way to fix this?
I think, you convert cars from Forza, if so, you have many poly.
pecet

Post by pecet »

How to avoid bug "City Taxi"? Because each car is what I am doing this error. For help thanks in advance.
Pli$$ken

Post by Pli$$ken »

I've made a car but there is no wheels.
Each of the wheels has a own COL and dummy.
Of course there is a wheel model also.
So why not see any wheels ?
XSB1991

Post by XSB1991 »

gotta use tire shader.
Pli$$ken

Post by Pli$$ken »

What do you mean ?
I've got everything - textures, settings.
_RicH_

Post by _RicH_ »

I find that wheel textures all need the 'tire' shader to work in game.
Stiopa

Post by Stiopa »

I noticed that all car's exported have 1 and the same bug..
Bonnet is detatching very easy not like on original cars
When i drive original game, i hit car in front hood opens and it need some time to detach
But on exported it opens and detatches
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

yup. there are some unknown fields I call "energy" in wft file that are currently a mystery for me. they differ in very wide range on 3 axes and I can't resolve it yet. I can't say this directly relates to "durability" of damaged parts, but it could.
Fender

Post by Fender »

How to add new lights, illuminated only at night ?
In some models there is extra brake light - "brakelight_m" - but i want to add extra taillight.

If I add extra "taillight_m" lamp, it illuminated all the time.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Fender wrote:How to add new lights, illuminated only at night ?
In some models there is extra brake light - "brakelight_m" - but i want to add extra taillight.

If I add extra "taillight_m" lamp, it illuminated all the time.
Because there's NO taillight_m in the game! You can't create something that doesn't exist in the game.
_RicH_

Post by _RicH_ »

just atatch it to one of hte other taillights, it just means when one is broken they both go out.
PVH

Post by PVH »

Hi all! Help solve the problem. If I shoot in the glass, then the game crashes. I noticed that this problem is not just my. Please help!
42herc

Re: GTA4 WFT Export discussion

Post by 42herc »

Oleg wrote: Update: 6 July 2009:
Fatal Error SMPA60 was confirmed to appear on models with missing objects. You need to keep the same "extra_*" objects and passanger seat dummies as in original vehicle. At least a complete replace of schafter model does not cause SMPA60 error when missing "extras" were added.
I am getting this Error with a Fiat 126 I made recently.
What I am wondering is, can I get away with leaving the dummy nodes for all "Extra_" with no children objects?
Or will this still cause SMPA60 error.

here is a Work in progress pic:

Thanks

Edit:
I am also wondering If every other dummy that normaly has a mesh needs to have a mesh child. to prevent SMPA60 crash. e.g Light, boot, etc.
42herc

Post by 42herc »

After a painfull night of Trial and Error, I discoverd removing the child meshes but leaving the dummy was enough to stop crashes. Also deleting light dummy did not seem to cause a crash.

Looks like I answered my own question. But thanks anyway :lol: