GTA IV: .WFT import filter in ZModeler v2.2.1

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

fuckindumass

beta

Post by fuckindumass »

Glad to see a Beta release, hopefully the community can help solve the bugs. The 'Lone Ranger' needs a break! ;p
SheryO

Post by SheryO »

Everytime i import turismo model, i have this single error :

Texture "vehicle_generic_chrome_colour.png" was not found in "[search list]". file:TexturesService.cpp line:460

I can't find the texture anywhere and it's the only mistake i have, since you said model must be fully textured before export, i hope you can help me with this :?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you can copy any/blank_white texture and give it this name. then import. it will be ok ingame when you export.
SheryO

Post by SheryO »

Oleg wrote:you can copy any/blank_white texture and give it this name. then import. it will be ok ingame when you export.
thank you very much Oleg :)
Asswipe

No.

Post by Asswipe »

Buy a legal copy of zmodeler and this problem will *disappear*!
How about we not? For $60, it's a waste of fucking money. Why not make this program $10 ? :roll:
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

use it for free. create your car models and export them for free. don't waste your money.
Shinkel

Post by Shinkel »

Hi, why my model is partly white after i have exported model? i modifyed turismo model and its interior and tyres are white... i get these things when i export and i think those are reason for this:

ZModeler is ready.
Object "Turismo2.wft" was not found. Whole scene will be exported.
Using texture "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_mesh".
Using texture "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_mesh".
Using texture "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_interior2".
Using texture "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_interior2".
Using texture "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_shuts".
Using texture "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_shuts".
Using texture "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_badges".
Using texture "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_badges".
Using texture "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_paint1".
Using texture "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_paint1".
Using texture "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_chrome".
Using texture "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_chrome".
Using texture "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_vehglass".
Using texture "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_vehglass".
Using texture "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_lightsemissive".
Using texture "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_lightsemissive".
Using texture "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_tire".
Using texture "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_tire".
Asswipe

Post by Asswipe »

use it for free. create your car models and export them for free. don't waste your money.
I do, but the import doesn't work. -_-
_RicH_

Post by _RicH_ »

if you think its a waste of money, how about not using it at all?

or even better, making your own filter?
smokey8808

Post by smokey8808 »

hello from germany,

i really love your zmodeler2 oleg and did some work with it in the past few day, everything worked fine on cars.

BUT now as it comes down to BIKES, im having a big problem and noone can help me. so now im asking here and hope for help.

as i import a bike to zmodeler and export it, it works fine in the game without any problems.

BUT when i import the bike to zmodeler and change smth on it, even if im just adding a car part without changing anything else, back in the game the frontwheel is fucked up and somehow *in* the bike, instead of in the front as it should be.
although, i didnt changed anything on the wheel.

i tried it a several times too.
while exporting i dont get any error tho.

is that a bug in the export filter or is there something i can do about it ?

greetz
smokey8808

Post by smokey8808 »

its me again,

im asking because i managed to get a bike work as a police bike. but the problem is the bug with the frontwheel.

i thought maybe a screenshot helps you.

so check this:

i really hope anyone here can help me
Shinkel

Post by Shinkel »

I imported and exported Turismo model and didnt change anything, Lod model is missing wheels and when car is moving lod models wheels are circling around model itself -.- also whole interior of car is same color as paint. Whats the problem? i only got this error when i exported model:

Object "turismo.wft" was not found. Whole scene will be exported.
darkside

Post by darkside »

hey i got a problem now i got much warnings like neos

ZModeler is ready.
Object "test.wft" was not found. Whole scene will be exported.
Using texture "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_interior".
*DELETED*

but if i open the car in 3ds i get a buggy car. in zmodeler i get a normal car so i try to place him in spark iv but if i want to view the car in spark iv i get an error that it cant be opened and if i try to see it in gta iv the game crashes can anybody say what i am doing wrong? greetings darkside.

http://img21.imageshack.us/i/vwboraiv.jpg/

this is how it looks

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9587/vwboraiv.jpg
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

darkside wrote:hey i got a problem now i got much warnings like neos

''DELETED''

but if i open the car in 3ds i get a buggy car. in zmodeler i get a normal car so i try to place him in spark iv but if i want to view the car in spark iv i get an error that it cant be opened and if i try to see it in gta iv the game crashes can anybody say what i am doing wrong? greetings darkside.

http://img21.imageshack.us/i/vwboraiv.jpg/

this is how it looks

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9587/vwboraiv.jpg
could you please stop posting this kind of stuff?! it is f***ing annoying to see so long sh*t pasted here. I have the same problem but everything work perfect!
:!:

Post by :!: »

Import .3ds doesnt work, everytime i import something with it, model is so tiny you have to zoom in like 5 min to get to it, and model is broken, pieces are all over the place, this sucks
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

each shader you use to export wft model must be equiped with properly set textures. Otherwise, "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap" will be placed and it might not suit shader needs.

when you import .3ds file, set "master scale" to 0.01 or 100.0, I don't remember which is better.
Also, apply "Reset X-Form" in 3dsmax before exporting .3ds model.
van2zzz

Dodge

Post by van2zzz »

Lights
Shinkel

Post by Shinkel »

Out of Memory error when i try to export as .wft??? -_-
Gen0cide_

Post by Gen0cide_ »

How much RAM do you have, and if you are using Vista, do you have UAC off or have tried opening the program with admin privs?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Shinkel, are you using the latest filter? Options\Settings\Plugins\Manager\ what is the version of GTAIV.zmf file?
EVO.IIX.luva

Post by EVO.IIX.luva »

Could anyone tell me where to download the new Lancer Evo which I have read has been made using the new filter?.

Thanx in advanced!.
Shinkel

Out of Memory error

Post by Shinkel »

It says 2.2.1 Build 237 and gives out of memory error...

Did you get that file i sended to you? i noticed that my door have that middle point located back of car and i moved it closer to center, and same to bodyshell point which was under car to middle as well, now it exported out just fine :) and worked ingame perfectly.. well almost 8)

first of, i cannot get in to my car normally, only if i climb above drivers door ( its wide car ) i guess door dummys are too deep inside car body? and doors are not closing... also cannot break windscreen :oops: good enuff for first try anyway :)

EDIT: btw i have Win XP and 3Gb ( max 32bit ) RAM
drunkrussian9

Post by drunkrussian9 »

Hi, how can I adjust the limits on rotation of the dummies? Also, how can I put more than 1 set of separate headlights?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

nope, I haven't got any files.

Limits on rotational dummies (spheres) are set as user-defined options. Names: RotX RotY and RotZ, Values are low..high

e.g.

RotX 0..45
or
RotX -60..0
Shinkel

Post by Shinkel »

Oleg wrote:nope, I haven't got any files.
Hmm thats weird... i have in sentbox my message with attachment on it and it is for Oleg so... oh well... cant be helped then :?:

edit: You should recheck your PMs, if its not there, then you have probably deleted it...