Ped model does not load

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

Sun2k

Ped model does not load

Post by Sun2k »

Hello to all

I try Zmodeler and when I import a Ped that is to say I start with the squellete (.yft) I rename it in (.global) then I import again the file (.ydd) by adding the texture (.ytd) and at the moment of clicking on Import I have 3 problems:
1/ Either the button remains grayed and remains on the window of importation
2/ Either Zmodeler closes
3/ Or I have this error message below

Do you know why I get these errors?
I specify that I have activated my trial license

Thanks
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Ped model does not load

Post by Oleg »

get the ZModeler version 3.3.0 from the website and check whether it fails on this model too or not? ZModeler 3.3.0 has DirectX11 under the hood while version 3.2.1 runs on DirectX 9.
Sun2k

Re: I have 3 problems to import a Ped

Post by Sun2k »

Thanks, I tried version 3.3.0 and after importing the 2 files .ydd and .ytd Zmodeler closes itself.

Shouldn't I download an external program on my PC?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

does it close randomly (on random files)? or on specific files only?

Also, for example, if you import the .ydd file only, show L0 lod, then use File\New and import it again and repeat this several times - does it work fine or closes at some point?

P.S. the grayed "Import" button when you pick the file for import means the file is locked and can't be imported. Other files should be OK to import.
Sun2k

Post by Sun2k »

First of all, thank you again for helping me.

So when I import only the .ydd file and display L0 lod it works (Zmodeler doesn't close anymore) even if I re-import the .ydd file several times

I tried to import only the .ydd file by adding the .ytd file (texture) and displaying L0 lod, so it works too (Zmodeler does not close).

If I import only the .yft file (skeleton), Zmodeler does not close

And finally, I noticed that when I import the .yft file (skeleton) + the .ydd file with or without the .ytd file (texture) then Zmodeler closes itself

Conclusion: Zmodeler closes when I import the .yft file with the .ytd file
I precise that the files are original gta 5 files
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

May you try this with any other pair of .yft and .ydd files? just to find out whether this is an issue with specific ped or not. I personally test everything on ig_bankman model and it loads fine with .yft being first and .ydd second.

Also, do you rename branch to .global after importing .yft file? So, you get a .global branch and .skel in it. Then you can import .ydd file and it will automatically use skeleton from .global branch. Does it work this way with no crash or crashes too?

Also, when you import ped models, you should toggle "Slice to parts" option off.
Sun2k

Post by Sun2k »

Thanks again... so I did everything you said with the ig_bankman model and there is still the same problem... but you found the solution to my problem was "Slice to parts" because it is checked by default and after unchecking everything works perfectly... many thanks

I have to uncheck "Slice to parts" for .yft and .ydd files?

If I understand correctly I have to check "Slice to parts" when I import .obj files?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

"Slice to parts" is an option for GTA models import. When the model has rigid parts, it can be loaded as sliced to parts. For example, most of vehicles can be loaded this way. Some vehicles contain soft parts like soft top or suspension springs - these models will be ruined if loaded in "Slice to parts" mode.
Sun2k

Post by Sun2k »

Thank you very much
Sun2k

Post by Sun2k »

Hi, to avoid creating a new post, I'm asking you here, if you know of a good tutorial that explains how to replace an original Ped with another one (which contains .OBJ files)?

THANKS