export to dff error for vice city vehicle model

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

zmod1user

export to dff error for vice city vehicle model

Post by zmod1user »

Hi,

I used the dff file pony and imported into the file I have, I then removed pieces and made the main parts as chassis_hi. But this was the error, I am not sure what it could be. From what I remember when I first did this a long while back, I had to scale everything to the vlo file size of the vehicle model.

Oleg
Site Admin

Re: export to dff error for vice city vehicle model

Post by Oleg »

I"m not sure ZModeler1 was ever able to export .dff files....
zmod1user

Post by zmod1user »

So how would I of done it the first time? Are you stating, it should be saved as one, instead of export. And don't remember, I made the first file in october 2010.

I am guessing with what I've got here for this new file, it should just about work, the textures I loaded them in the txd, 256x128 or what ever, done by default, I guess. And I then removed some textures, objects in the file, so I don't know, I never textured any vehicle for vc, so i'm just guessing all of this.

I thought may be some of the textures in the material editor were the problem. Vice city compared to mafia, is limited, mafia gave one power with textures. Best aspect of editing or adding for that old game.

VC is the best game for mods. 8)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

mafia 1 was moddable with ZModeler1 for sure, I remember this. However, .dff files is something that ZModeler2 was capable with.
zmod1user

Post by zmod1user »

Zanoza modeler 2 was for San Andreas. GTA 3 and vice city are for Zanoza modeler. All my projects were in Zanoza modeler, I have never used Zanoza modeler 2.
zmod1user

Post by zmod1user »

I solved the file getting into the game, while it loads, it doesn't load in view, only at a distance. There are no textures, but the shell should be viewable in the game.

I am not sure why this is the way it is.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:16 pm.