About UV Vehicle template mirroring.

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

FurmaZ

About UV Vehicle template mirroring.

Post by FurmaZ »

Hello I have a question, so I made template with uv mapping, everything is awesome just couple things. Some places mirrors.

Thats back of the truck. and it mirrors like this from inside .

Also on some parts like from bumber you can see some marks from livery also trunk

Any idea how to fix these things? Or what I do wrong?
Any help would be highly appreciated :)
FurmaZ

Re: About UV Vehicle template mirroring.

Post by FurmaZ »

pictures didnt load.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: About UV Vehicle template mirroring.

Post by Oleg »

edit UV for problematic livery and badges fragments. Mirror them in uv-mapper. For example, the "police" livery on a trunk should be uv-mapped from back view for the "outer" livery and mapped from front view for the "inner" livery. alternatively, if you don't want to re-map again, select those that mapped wrong and use "edit uv" in "keep old" mode to bring mapping fragments into uv-mapper. then mirror on X in UV Mapper each individual fragment and put every fragment where it supposed to be on texture. mind to edit the problematic polygons/vertices mapping only (e.g. the "inner" livery of the trunk) and don't touch geometry that is mapped properly (e.g. the "outer" livery on a trunk).

You can use Select\Separated tool to select polygons and Display\Hide (hotkey 'H') from time to time to see whether correct polygons are selected or not. also, if you've selected incorrect polygons (and display\Hide let you know the wrong poly was selected), you can keep them hidden so they let you pick and select other polygons.