Game crashed when damage is done to vehicle

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

Shadowviper11

Game crashed when damage is done to vehicle

Post by Shadowviper11 »

So I have just made a vehicle in zmodeler but when I put it into the game and end up crashing it, it causes my game to crash.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Game crashed when damage is done to vehicle

Post by Oleg »

There is an issue with (some) COL objects on your model. I advise to import an original vehicle and take COL objects from original model. Even if they don't match in size, just to test whether it resolves the issue or not.

The problem could be in just one COL object actually.

Also, the issue could be related to some part that has no COL, but vehicle's metadata tells the game the part has collision. I don't know much on metadata files as this is not directly related to an import/export of models.
khiemdeptrai

Post by khiemdeptrai »

Shadowviper11 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:54 am So I have just made a vehicle in zmodeler but when I put it into the game and end up crashing it, it causes my game to crash.
I think it is due to too many nodes (objects) in your car. Try attaching small details together, but remember to make it easy to modify later.
hennad

Post by hennad »

khiemdeptrai wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:25 pm
Shadowviper11 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:54 am So I have just made a vehicle in zmodeler but when I put it into the game and end up crashing it, it causes my game to crash.
I think it is due to too many nodes (objects) in your car. Try attaching small details together, but remember to make it easy to modify later.
I tried and it works. Thanks for saving me.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

AbrahamGriffin wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:04 pm Is there any way to solve this problem?
grab all COLs from original game's model. Make sure every object that is supposed to have a COL actually has it. In particular, metadata file might specify some extra to have collision - in such a case, your model must have a collision on this extra object.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:29 am.