ped_decal doesn't work like it should work

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

AgentDZN2

ped_decal doesn't work like it should work

Post by AgentDZN2 »

I am currently editing this cap a little bit and selected the ped_decal material for the logo. In Z3M everything looks fine but when start the game and have a look if it works it shows nothing.
The funny thing is: I've done the same on another model and everything worked out fine. Why it doesn't work here, I can't explain. That's why I ask for help here too.

Here are some reference pictures:

In Z3M: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
In the game: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
AgentDZN

Re: ped_decal doesn't work like it should work

Post by AgentDZN »

Idk why I posted this post with another account but I'm responsible for this post.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

give a try with some other original (the one the game has used on ped_decal shader) texture, just for test. It might be the case your texture is wrong in some way.

Post by Guest »

It also doesn't work with another texture. Do you have any other idea why it doesn't work as it should?
AgentDZN

Post by AgentDZN »

I'm also the "Guest" and I keep forgetting to log in with my account. I'm sorry.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

import original ped that has ped_decal in use and export. If you see decal disappearing on original ped too, something is wrong with the exporter.
If it goes ok on import/export of original ped, then something wrong with your material or with the geometry itself...
AgentDZN

Post by AgentDZN »

With other objects like vests it works without problems only with caps/hats, it doesn't work as it should
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

there should be no difference on what component you use this shader on. at least I don't see any reason for the game to mess the appearance for this shader.

Do you think the problem relates to this shader on customizable accessory? chop a fragment of vests geometry with this shader and put this fragment as a "hat" accessory (there is no difference what geometry you put in each accessory branch, like "hands" could be put into "feet" branch) and give it a try.

yet there is some "order of drawing" on shaders and accessory might have something wrong with this (decal shaders are rendered in a third pass, hair is rendered in a second pass, the rest is on first pass).
AgentDZN

Post by AgentDZN »

I'd say it relates to the shade on the customizable accessory, yes.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:19 pm.