[GTA SA] Alpha material problem

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

CTPX

[GTA SA] Alpha material problem

Post by CTPX »

Hello,

I tried to edit original ZR-350 ingame. I didn't change anything in the hierarchy of the model and I got problem with the alpha (windows) on the model.
At some angles I can see through the entire car, straight to the roads. When I turn on the light, the inside side of the glass just dissapear.

Here are some photos from the game

I don't know what to do to correct that error. Maybe someone had the same problem and might be able to explain how to fix it?
JohnnyWilkerson

Re: [GTA SA] Alpha material problem

Post by JohnnyWilkerson »

Hello,

I tried to edit the original ZR-350 ingame. I didn't change anything in the model's hierarchy and I had a problem with alpha (windows) on the model.
At some angles I could see right through the whole car, looking out onto the roads. When I turn on the light, the inside of the glass disappears. Why
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: [GTA SA] Alpha material problem

Post by Oleg »

There should be two materials for vehicle glass - one for inner polygons (facing to interior) and another for exterior polygons (facing toward the exterior world). Both these materials must be in the bottom of the list of materials and the "exterior" should be the last one (after "interior" glass).

Since you can't sort materials in ZModeler2, you can create copies instead - the created copy goes to the end of the list. Just assign the copied material instead of original using "Select by -> Material" tool on polygons and changing material assignment from old "glass" material onto the new one.