PED Gta 5: Flaking mesh in motion

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

Sun2k

PED Gta 5: Flaking mesh in motion

Post by Sun2k »

Hi all :D

I created a new Ped for GTA 5, but when this Ped is in motion the mesh flakes off (see photo).

Do you know why ?
Attachments
Captxure.PNG
Sans titre-1.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: PED Gta 5: Flaking mesh in motion

Post by Oleg »

does Rigging\Influence\Normalize tool solve the problem?
Sun2k

Post by Sun2k »

Thank you,

To use the Normalize tool, simply select "Normalize" and click on the mesh?

By chance, for the Flaking mesh problem shouldn't we transfer the weight of the vertices?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Concerning the "Flaking mesh in motion", I don't see what exactly the problem is in. In general, the weight should be copied from original model with Rigging\Influence\Copy.

Rigging\Influence\Normalize is worth applying after editing weight.
Sun2k

Post by Sun2k »

OK thanks,

When I do Rigging \ Influence \ Normalize nothing happens and there is no improvement ..

Regarding the mesh, it comes from Daz studio 3D "Genesis 8" which was exported in high resolution and subdivision 2

You thought that the problem flaking mesh in motion can come from the fact that the mesh is in high resolution and subdivision 2?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I do not clearly see what exactly the problem is in on "flaking mesh in motion". The first screen from ZModeler is either wrong weights assigned or they are not being normalized. Weight copy (from original model) is likely to solve this issue. The second screenshot from in-game can barely show the problem. I do see you've specified several areas where something looks wrong, but I can't be sure. Also, there should be no double-layers (a torso/legs inside and leggins/dress as a second layer). The version with leggins should be made as a replacement for a torso, so the game will switch one lowr_*** model with another lowr_*** model. combining them will certainly lead to artifacts.
Sun2k

Post by Sun2k »

Yes I understand ...

I tried with a mesh in low resolution and the mesh does not flake .. but the problem is that I would like to have a small part of the mesh in high resolution ..

How do you think to cut a small part of the mesh (low resolution) to replace it with the high resolution?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you can cut objects the way you like. just make sure you can attach one object to another seamless. you can use modify\submesh\weld tool to weld vertices one by one.