Creating a Template and a Livery?

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

Shaine415

Creating a Template and a Livery?

Post by Shaine415 »

Hiya all, Thankyou for helping me on my last post.
Now i have successfully created a template and car spawned perfectly but now i cant seem to get it again and i dont know why.

In Zmodeler3 the car looks like this...

but instead its spawning with either flashing textures when i move the view around or like the following...

I'm not sure what im doing wrong as ive done it before? 3 days now ive been trying to sort this out and i'm slowly pulling my hair out.
Ive split all the car into sections (left, right, front, rear etc) and then created the UV Template.
I know im doing something wrong but i cant figure out what
Any help will be much appreciated, Thankyou.
Shaine415

Re: Creating a Template and a Livery?

Post by Shaine415 »

Only seems to be a Template that i have created because if i change it to lets say 'vehicle_generic_burnt_out.dds' that's fine and works, just mad texture problems when i have created a UV Template and changed the "DETAIL Layer Input" to the new .dds/.png file
Shaine415

Post by Shaine415 »

This is what my UV Mapping settings are.

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

flashing random textures on a model is when game can not locate texture that was assigned to be used on some texture slot, or the material you have used had no texture assigned on some slot that was supposed to have a texture. What in-game shader have you used for the vehicle body? It should be one of vehicle_paint group. They are slightly different depending on usage of textures (with/without alpha transparency) and their UV mapping (UV#1 for base texture or UV#1 for specular metallic noise, UV#2 for base texture or UV#2 for the livery and so on - pretty many configurations).
Shaine415

Post by Shaine415 »

So it was on vehicle_paint1, i have changed this to vehicle_paint2 and vehicle_paint2_lvy and both spawning pure black
Shaine415

Post by Shaine415 »

But the model in zmodeler now i can see the livery but the car is blue
Shaine415

Post by Shaine415 »

You know what, Your comment got me thinking?
flicking of the textures is because the texture file i added was not actually threre.

I was not adding texture ive created into the .ytd file, Now i feel like a right plum so yeah now its working aha.

So now i know to go into OpenIV and import the texture file