language localization

Discuss ZModeler 1 series issues here, ask for help and help others to become advanced users

Moderator: Oleg

AUG1127

language localization

Post by AUG1127 »

Since my English is not very good, I want to make a language pack for my native language, but I don't know how to make it. Does anyone have a tutorial?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: language localization

Post by Oleg »

Is your question related to ZModeler 1 series?

How could you create your localization to your native language if your English is not good enough? I afraid using google.translate will give bad results.

In general, you can copy any localization XML file, rename it to your language and edit this XML file in XML editor (like Notepad++). Mind to set correct "codepage" in the very beginning (if it applies to your language). You can use universal encoding "UTF-8", as Notepad++ supports this type of encoding.

ZModeler loads XML files from "Language" folder at startup and uses name of the file as translation language. Once you have a new XML there, pick it as your destination language and start replacing data inside XML with translation. You will need to restart ZModeler each time to see changes.

Note, UI is saved and loaded in localized language, so changing a language will mess the UI layout.
AUG1127

Post by AUG1127 »

I'm very sorry, my problem is related to ZM3, I downloaded the localization file from the website, but it seems that the new version of ZM3 is not supported, because some options have not been changed and still in English
Using a localized language causes some UI to overlap
Is there a way to use localized languages without changing the UI layout?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

You can adjust UI layout manually. In most of cases, you can hold CTRL key and resize buttons to lay them properly. All control bars can be resized when they are floating, then you can dock them again. So, in general, UI layout problems are resolveable.