dummy edit

Discuss ZModeler 1 series issues here, ask for help and help others to become advanced users

Moderator: Oleg

vcsimplecar

dummy edit

Post by vcsimplecar »

Hello,

I wanted to edit a dummy for a model vehicle I have, it isn't aligned in the game, how would I go about changing that? I also move two dummys and it gave the vehicle more stability. I noticed the in game textures are not connected, must I extract the images from the txd and have them in the same folder as I make a new edited dff file? All I need to do is select the correct textures using the material editor, as the meshes would have them already mapped in data.

Thank you.
vcsimplecar

Re: dummy edit

Post by vcsimplecar »

vcsimplecar

Post by vcsimplecar »

While this forum is more for Zanoza learning, I guess this topic belongs in the vice city forum. :lol:
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it's ages have passed since I used to run zmodeler1. I can't remind how this all works, so I can't help on this specific issue you have.
vcsimplecar

Post by vcsimplecar »

I think for the dummy, it requires a reset of axis. As for one other edit I did, was move the bonnet up a little, the front section, as the engine is visible. But yes, the file was always that way.

I was fortunate somebody textured it. I made this back in October 2010. I think Rich used to post here. I was the account Richard from 2004 I made the account.

I guess the topics for vice city editing are rare. Even at that time, there weren't many at all. I think that user stated on here, nobody modded for vice then, well he was wrong. :wink:
vcsimplecar

Post by vcsimplecar »

Here is the ingame, I also tried moving the dummy forward for the bonnet, but no change, and reset the axis in Zanoza modeler and applied to the door dummy. But I shouldn't have to do so, since in the program the bonnet is aligned above the engine texture.

As for damaged parts, they aren't textured, but I guess just texture using the textures, not sure about that.

vcsimplecar

Post by vcsimplecar »

I was able to edit it, and did get a better result moved the dummys further from their original positions, so that was all that was really needed, the opening of the left door is still on a center axis, but considering the situation on editing, I'll be done with that part. I did try to add a front window, but that froze the game. :| I tried to texture it using the matte texture, was the only way there that the other windows had, I never did texture the model. Somebody on gtaforums did nearly ten years ago. I appreciated that, I had to persuade the individual. :lol: So that person's small effort wasn't for nothing. :D I almost lost this file a few times, from the computer I was using at the time(still working), just removed it, and fortunately I still had a back up copy, the disk it was on, appears to have corruption. 62mb Belkin USB, from late 2005.

The flag I rotated it the other way so it is blowing in the wind the correct way, but it ends up at the back left. :?

vcsimplecar

Post by vcsimplecar »

I tried resetting the door, the damaged mesh for the right side, but it doesn't change anything. Reset axis. I really don't know. I decided as a test to remove the r_dam_door piece, and it does work fine without it. I think it may be for the best to just get rid of the damaged doors as they are pointless. The bonnet and boot, and or hood and trunk are pretty good for alignment.

As for the flag, well I'll have to retry positioning it by rotating it, and see what happens. I don't know why it is at the back left. Hell it could of at least loaded at the front left side. :lol: