ZModeler 1 jpeg / jpg support

Discuss ZModeler 1 series issues here, ask for help and help others to become advanced users

Moderator: Oleg

ZModelerUser897342

ZModeler 1 jpeg / jpg support

Post by ZModelerUser897342 »

Hey there,

It's me again. The guy who sadly has to go through ZModeler one to export to .x for the game I am making models for: http://forum.zmodeler3.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12178

Basically I am doing some edits in ZModeler 2 to the model, im simply moving it to another position so it fits onto something else.

The problem is, one of the textures of the model is jpg format. When I export to old z3d files and open in ZModeler 1, the jpg texture is simply missing from the textures browser.

I'm not sure if there is some plugin that adds jpg support. I really am not experienced with ZModeler at all, I don't know how to remap the texture.

Is there any simple way I can simply change the file format of the texture in ZModeler 2 without having to remap the texture as a brand new file? Because I exported it from something else, and I don't know if the settings are specific.

PS. I tried using Blender to export to .x, however for some reason, it exports the materials, but texture filenames are blank, so textures don't export. I tried for several hours to make it work but no avail and gave up.. I had no other program using those textures at the time, nothing that could interfere.

Thanks so much for all help in advance! You are super helpful Oleg!
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: ZModeler 1 jpeg / jpg support

Post by Oleg »

you can convert JPG into any other supported format and replace this texture in textures browser in ZModeler2. Changing texture (even if texture size/resolution changes) does not require you to remap a model.
ZModelerUser897342

Re: ZModeler 1 jpeg / jpg support

Post by ZModelerUser897342 »

Oleg wrote:you can convert JPG into any other supported format and replace this texture in textures browser in ZModeler2. Changing texture (even if texture size/resolution changes) does not require you to remap a model.
Thank you so much! This worked perfectly. I'm amazed, you replied in just a few minutes, seriously this is another level, for such an old program, really appreciate your hard work and dedication on this forum!