Lights/ Parts Disappearing After Attaching

Discuss ZModeler 1 series issues here, ask for help and help others to become advanced users

Moderator: Oleg

deanslistent

Lights/ Parts Disappearing After Attaching

Post by deanslistent »

Hey, I appreciate you helping me get back up and running again. I ran into a new unfamiliar issue. I was attaching the extras on a police vehicle (extra_1/extra_2/etc) and after a few attachments the lights and parts would disappear. I tested it in OpenIV and in game and the vehicles show up with the missing parts I attached in Zmod. Can you please help.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Lights/ Parts Disappearing After Attaching

Post by Oleg »

this doesn't make sense unless you provide some screenshots so I can see the situation better.

attaching one object to another makes one object out of two. there are no reasons for this to disappear in game. The game could hide some objects (especially extras and misc parts) being guided by vehicle's metadata setup. For example, if you attach these lights to chassis object, nothing should disappear as chassis object is always visible in game.

The last thing to keep in mind is that you can't exceed 64K vertices per object. If you attach one geometry to another and as a result the target object exceeds 64K vertices limit, some messed or invisible geometry is quite possible. In this specific case, the problem should be seeing in OpenIV too.

Post by Guest »

I am trying to figure out how to upload images. Usually when I attach the extras their skeleton or 2D image is still able to be viewed and you can still see them on the 3D view.

Example: I connect all the extra_1's together and all the red emergency lights I connected to each other appear and disappear like normal when I toggle it in the hierarchy.

Now when I attach just a few of them together they disappear completely and don't show back up when I toggle them. They don't show up in game either.

Checking into how to upload images directly so I can show you
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

use "Attachments" page under "Reply to post" window. You can upload several images to be attached to your post.