Wheels invisible, driver sits wrong way

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Wheels invisible, driver sits wrong way

Postby Rooom » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:45 pm

Hi!

So my little brother recently got GTA and I've been attempting to make his favorite vehicle from the movie cars.
I've managed to get the car in the game, but when I spawned it there are some issues I will list them below:

Wheels Invisible
Wheels wrong placement (by the looks of it)
Car spawns upside down
Driver faces the wrong direction when sitting in his seat. (the headlights seem to be facing the wrong way aswell)
When I want to drive forward the car goes backwards and the other way around.

Rooom

Re: Wheels invisible, driver sits wrong way

Postby Oleg » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:16 am

import original vehicle and examine vehicle placement relative to global axes (0,0,0 point) and its direction (front/rear). Your vehicle might be misplaced. Most of objects should have axes identical to world (as seen on axes tripod in bottom-left corner of zm windows). you can use display\local axes\"reset to world" tool to set axes properly; you can move/rotate axes later with move/rotate tools. Also, "chassis" object must have axes at 0,0,0 point.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Rooom » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:16 am

Oleg wrote:import original vehicle and examine vehicle placement relative to global axes (0,0,0 point) and its direction (front/rear). Your vehicle might be misplaced. Most of objects should have axes identical to world (as seen on axes tripod in bottom-left corner of zm windows). you can use display\local axes\"reset to world" tool to set axes properly; you can move/rotate axes later with move/rotate tools. Also, "chassis" object must have axes at 0,0,0 point.

Thanks Oleg that fixed most of my problems, the wheels are missing though any ideas?
And when I apply any gloss to the car so it doesnt look weird it gets super glossy and the colors become dull:

Any idea why the color is so dull it used to be alot more vibrant before making it glossy, and wheel these damn wheels are still missing as you can see
Rooom

Postby Oleg » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:40 am

don't use white specular texture on materials. specular texture's red channel is the specular strength, green is environment reflection.. try different specmap texture (e.g. grey color or something like that) and preferable create your own matching specular texture so matte parts are not shining and not reflecting much;

wheel should be named as
[wheel_lf] in square braces and must contain cylinder collision volume as a child: wheel_lf [COL]. Other wheels are just dummy nodes and cylinder collisions. preferable, if you take collisions from original vehicle and just reshape/reposition them.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Rooom » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:27 am

Oleg wrote:don't use white specular texture on materials. specular texture's red channel is the specular strength, green is environment reflection.. try different specmap texture (e.g. grey color or something like that) and preferable create your own matching specular texture so matte parts are not shining and not reflecting much;

wheel should be named as
[wheel_lf] in square braces and must contain cylinder collision volume as a child: wheel_lf [COL]. Other wheels are just dummy nodes and cylinder collisions. preferable, if you take collisions from original vehicle and just reshape/reposition them.

Sorry for all the questions btw

The grey specmap made it less glossy which is good but the colors are still very dark compared what they used to be.

I did take the collisions from a original verhicle (issi2) and reshaped/repositioned them, I checked OpenIV and it seems the wheel is not in the right spot but in ZModeler it is in the right place.
Rooom

Postby Oleg » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:50 am

what shader do you assign for the body? what are textures used? paint per-vertex color on a model to white for the test purpose.

hierarchy looks absolutely Ok to me. Re-import model and see whether it retains properly. If it gets messed, object ID are bad on export. use "gta_parts.xml" fix (file attached to the sticky guide thread).

remove body (or move it up temporary) to see the model's 0,0,0 point in game. Do you see the wheel there or wheel is missing completely? also, when you drive and brake, do you see smoke and skids from other invisible wheels (at correct positions) ?

reset chassis's [COL] local axes to world too... ensure chassis local axes are reset to world, ensure topmost hierarchy dummy node is reset to world (and placed at 0,0,0). the rest seems to be ok to me.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Rooom » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:28 pm

Oleg wrote:what shader do you assign for the body? what are textures used? paint per-vertex color on a model to white for the test purpose.

hierarchy looks absolutely Ok to me. Re-import model and see whether it retains properly. If it gets messed, object ID are bad on export. use "gta_parts.xml" fix (file attached to the sticky guide thread).

remove body (or move it up temporary) to see the model's 0,0,0 point in game. Do you see the wheel there or wheel is missing completely? also, when you drive and brake, do you see smoke and skids from other invisible wheels (at correct positions) ?

reset chassis's [COL] local axes to world too... ensure chassis local axes are reset to world, ensure topmost hierarchy dummy node is reset to world (and placed at 0,0,0). the rest seems to be ok to me.

I was messing around so right now it's on GTA > Generic > Spec (im awful at materials so yeah)

reimporting seems to be fine nothing gets messed up.

the wheels are completely missing, whenever I do a burnout I can see the smoke and skidmarks at the correct positions.

I forgot to reset to world the topmost dummy node, so now in OpenIV the wheel is in the correction position, in-game the wheels are still missing though.
Rooom

Postby Oleg » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:48 pm

ensure you use vehicle_tire shader for wheels. any other shader will not work.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Rooom » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:14 pm

Oleg wrote:ensure you use vehicle_tire shader for wheels. any other shader will not work.

It is on vehicle_tire only the body of the car is the shader I mentioned above
Rooom

Postby Rooom » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:02 am

Okay I'm not 100% sure what I did but I got the wheels working in-game. So now the only problem left is the materials on the body of the car being dark, is there a way to remove shaders because before I applied the shader the materials were alot brighter just not glossy. But I rather have good colors then gloss
Rooom

Postby Oleg » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:53 pm

try different material configurations. vehicle will accept any of gta5->vehicle shaders for the body.
Oleg
Site Admin

Return to Grand Theft Auto V