creating Template with ZM3

Troubleshooting gudes, solutions and other ZModeler3-related discussion

Moderators: Oleg, madga182

creating Template with ZM3

Postby Hobby-Trucker » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:15 am

hello @all,

i have change some forms on my truck. Now i want creat a ne template for skinning the new forms, too.

i have olokin for that on google an youtube but can't find something usable for that
could some body tell or show me (in pictures or video) how to create a template of my truck in Zm 3 ?
Hobby-Trucker

Re: creating Template with ZM3

Postby Oleg » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:40 pm

create new uv-mapping on UV channel #3, using Edit UV tool in Front/Side/Top viewports with "Generate New" + "From viewport XY" options. select side polygons and create them UV in side view, select cabin top and hood top and create mapping in top view, etc.

then arrange UV fragments on UV square and render UV in "wireframe atlas" mode. Then save UV atlas render as a template (layout pattern). Create/paint your custom skin and load this skin onto DETAIL2 texture slot with "Manual UV#3" mapping source. Material's adaptation should be set to "truckpaint".

Note, if you use UV#2 for arranging truck template, you have to follow standard truck layout template (found in vehicle/truck/upgrade/materials/matching_pattern.dds). This will allow you truck to be skinned into default paint skin too. your own layout on UV3 can be an additional, so your truck can support original skin template and a custom-layout template.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Hobby-Trucker » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:38 am

please explain with pictures. I've tried to create the template but it is not functional.
Hobby-Trucker

Postby Hobby-Trucker » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:32 am

Oleg wrote:create new uv-mapping on UV channel #3, using Edit UV tool in Front/Side/Top viewports with "Generate New" + "From viewport XY" options. select side polygons and create them UV in side view, select cabin top and hood top and create mapping in top view, etc.

this is understandable for me.

Oleg wrote:then arrange UV fragments on UV square and render UV in "wireframe atlas" mode. Then save UV atlas render as a template (layout pattern). Create/paint your custom skin and load this skin onto DETAIL2 texture slot with "Manual UV#3" mapping source. Material's adaptation should be set to "truckpaint".

Note, if you use UV#2 for arranging truck template, you have to follow standard truck layout template (found in vehicle/truck/upgrade/materials/matching_pattern.dds). This will allow you truck to be skinned into default paint skin too. your own layout on UV3 can be an additional, so your truck can support original skin template and a custom-layout template.

this isn't understandable for me. I don't know what's to do.
matching_pattern.dds isn't avaiable in the downloaded truck, i chanced.
Hobby-Trucker

Postby Oleg » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:41 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l3G55ufr2c

matching_pattern.dds comes with the game files in base.scs, it is default layout for standard skins. if i'm not mistaken, it is located in vehicle/truck/share folder.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Hobby-Trucker » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:02 am

I think I'm too stupid or I do not know. In any case, I can not take anything from the video

In addition, I know neither the size nor the exact position of the components for the template

Is it so difficult to creat a toturialor or a step by step instructions for this, isn't it?
Hobby-Trucker

Return to ZModeler3 General discussion