GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

Post by Oleg »

if I am not mistaken, you need to put this texture into .ytd file with the same name as original texture (if you replace the model).
Z@gor

Post by Z@gor »

The texture file in the ytd file has the same name but no positive result. I converted the model a few times from the beginning, but I got the same error each time. This is the first time I am encountering such a problem.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

is your texture .png? convert it to dds with DXT5 texture compression. May be the game does not recognize texture format (e.g. 24 bit) and fails to load it.
Z@gor

Post by Z@gor »

I tried that too but the result is the same. When I download the same model several times in a row, sometimes one of them works without any problems.
lozhhhhh

Post by lozhhhhh »

Hi, can you help me. How to connect a backpack with a skeleton?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

make it riggable and assign spine bone(s) weight onto vertices. this is not that is done with few clicks automatically, so watch some videos on how to make (and rig) ped components.
lozhhhhh

Post by lozhhhhh »

can I do it according to this guide? I'm just a newbie and I don't understand almost anything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q1Ab04 ... nnel=FN1ME
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

yes, I think it should work fine for your task.
lozhhhhh

Post by lozhhhhh »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tdx2hL ... ervicePics сделала все по этому гайду, но рюкзак закрепляется только за основу, ImageImage, не могу понять в чем проблема. В игре все так же Image
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

скорее всего он не "закрепился за основу", а вообще не привязан никак, поэтому движется вместе с основой скелета (с костью №0).
если коротко, то по шагам будет выглядеть так:
1. включить "Rigging" и установить Max Bones на 4 в свойствах объекта
2. привязать объект к склету инструментами Select\Mark (на объект) и Rigging\Bind (на скелет)
3. использовать Rigging\Influence инструменты (можно для начала Paint) чтобы нанести влияние костей на вершинки объекта. Это довольно муторный процесс, поэтому часто используют просто копирование развесовки с уже сущесвующих объектов (например, загрузив модель пиджака от этого же персонажа и применяют Rigging\Influence\Copy с оригинала на свой объект).

вот есть короткое видео, можно посмотрть его и увидеть там все эти шаги:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNH2EN9B0ds
BinasBirds

Post by BinasBirds »

Good day!

I'm a pretty incipient ped modder, but I was able to make a full ped(even with both cutscene and in-game facial rigging) with Blender and Sollumz plugin, so I know a couple of things about peds.

Since I saw ZModeler has some features that will make my peds even better, I plan to buy a license for this software.

And now here it goes my question:
Any good tutorials on ped making with Zmodeler out there? Since I know really little about this program. and I want to learn.
I want my ped to have features such as custom height, cutscene and in-game compatible facial rigging, clothing you can change on the wardrobe, and cloth physics if possible.
Also, is there a good Discord server or anything where I can get extra help whenever I'm stuck with something? Or this forum is the place to ask?

Thank you for the help in advance.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Hello.
If you are familiar with Blender, it will be your preferred choice to create content. You can use ZModeler as a last mile conversion tool as the tools set in ZModeler is significantly weaker compared to any other 3D package you might have ever used. ZModeler is, in general, about exporting scene into the game rather than creating something from scratch.

I personally have never used to create or mod peds in context of cut-scenes or facial rigging as I don't know the game (modding/trainers/plugins) much to test these features. So, I can't be sure whether a model for cut scene will work fine or whether facial rigging works or not after exporting from ZModeler. I remind some reports on this matter, but I can't remind whether issue was solved or not, as I was not making my own tests on this subject.

Yet you can try the free trial license first, just to find out whether it works or not (by importing and exporting some game's model with simple changes like moved-away vertex point on a nose).

I have tested the player's head model changes (created a spike on Franklin's head) and the model worked fine in game. But I can't say whether facial expressions did worked on modified model, I just haven't tested it.

Concerning the Discord server - some users or teams of modders have their own servers, I haven't heard of any channel dedicated to ZModeler only. Yet I am always reachable here on forum as I reply every new topic posted and keep an eye on every topic with new replies since my last visit. I might be unreachable for a day or two on some rare occasions, but usually reply within a day or even few hours.
BinasBirds

Post by BinasBirds »

Oleg wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:19 am Hello.
If you are familiar with Blender, it will be your preferred choice to create content. You can use ZModeler as a last mile conversion tool as the tools set in ZModeler is significantly weaker compared to any other 3D package you might have ever used. ZModeler is, in general, about exporting scene into the game rather than creating something from scratch.

I personally have never used to create or mod peds in context of cut-scenes or facial rigging as I don't know the game (modding/trainers/plugins) much to test these features. So, I can't be sure whether a model for cut scene will work fine or whether facial rigging works or not after exporting from ZModeler. I remind some reports on this matter, but I can't remind whether issue was solved or not, as I was not making my own tests on this subject.

Yet you can try the free trial license first, just to find out whether it works or not (by importing and exporting some game's model with simple changes like moved-away vertex point on a nose).

I have tested the player's head model changes (created a spike on Franklin's head) and the model worked fine in game. But I can't say whether facial expressions did worked on modified model, I just haven't tested it.

Concerning the Discord server - some users or teams of modders have their own servers, I haven't heard of any channel dedicated to ZModeler only. Yet I am always reachable here on forum as I reply every new topic posted and keep an eye on every topic with new replies since my last visit. I might be unreachable for a day or two on some rare occasions, but usually reply within a day or even few hours.
Thank you a lot for the reply! And yeah I watched some tutorials, and stuff is not that different than using Blender Sollumz, maybe I'll dig further into advanced facial rigging for characters, but I'll definitely try ZModeler for my next proyect.
Z@gor

Post by Z@gor »

I'm having shadow problems with some of the models I added to the game. I showed an example in the video. While I do not have any problems with the external texture models I added to the game, I am having problems with the embedded texture models. The model's shadow moves as the character moves. I have a shadow problem on YDR format models. What adjustment should I make in Zmodeler3 to fix the shadow issue?
https://youtu.be/uaWX9W_R8Ns
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

.ydr model exported with "skeletal" turned on. It should be exported with skeletal option turned off.

.ydr models with "skeletal" option on export are for weapons - models that has armature and components animation.
Z@gor

Post by Z@gor »

Thank you very much. Fixed :)
BinasBirds

Post by BinasBirds »

Hello
I'm having problems here, when I import a ped (no matter if its ig or cs) yft, it only shows on ortho views, but in 3d viewport it´s only a box, and frequently crashes when I'm on said viewport. Also, regarding ydds, also they do import, but are invisible, I can't see the mesh. Oddly enough, days ago I was able to import and see these elements without problem, so I think it's because the update or something.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

make sure to import with "slice to parts" toggled off. Once you import the .yft, you will get a skeleton only. after importing .ydd file, you need to toggle visible LOD. Press "L0" button on "Structure" panel to see highest LOD.
BinasBirds

Post by BinasBirds »

Oh it was that phew, still, the skeleton shows like a little box on 3D view, is that normal? Btw thanks!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

no, it is not. Skeleton should be purple. if you see bones as boxes, then you have imported model "sliced to parts".
BinasBirds

Post by BinasBirds »

The yft I import has "Slice to parts" toggled off, still looks like a box in the "3D" viewport
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

attach a screenshot of entire ZModeler's window and hierarchy expanded.
BinasBirds

Post by BinasBirds »

Here it is, sorry for late reply, the skeleton is visible on "User" viewport though
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

yes, everything looks correct to me. If I'm not mistaken, Skeleton is not shown in 3D view. You can use Perspective view instead.
volt9

Post by volt9 »

Attempting to export a YDD of a compound item made for the player_two model. The YDD, however, results in this error from OpenIV.

A YFT export works, but the items are not moved to the positions where they are in ZModeler (most notably, the handcuffs are at the back, despite having been moved to the front).

Any thoughts are appreciated! :?
Attachments
2f6c224cb575d678d6beb6edd9d59b87.png
c75cb99047b8929e7d4f4603a9eb5a3c.png
7f0f0fb4b67cadf14f3f859be2d8ed9c.png