Mass convert meshes into "Dummy+mesh" button

Troubleshooting gudes, solutions and other ZModeler3-related discussion

Moderator: Oleg

Mentossini

Mass convert meshes into "Dummy+mesh" button

Post by Mentossini »

Привет! Опять работаю с большим количеством моделей. Вопрос такой - у меня есть большое количество мешей в иерархии, но каждый из них нужно отделить в отдельный Dummy и переименовать в ".mesh", попутно сделав "Convert to compound L0". Сам пробовал по-разному, искал гайды - но не нашёл ответа, как можно сделать это быстро, чтобы не пришлось это делать для каждого меша отдельно. Все эти меши мне нужны как отдельные модели в YDR GTA5. Может быть подскажешь, есть ли способ сделать это нынешним инструментарием? Либо же быть может, мы сможем увидеть данную возможность в последующих обновлениях? Было бы очень здорово!

Hello! I work again with a large number of models. The question is - I have a large number of meshes in the hierarchy, but each of them needs to be separated into a separate Dummy and renamed into ".mesh", simultaneously making "convert to compound L0". I tried it differently, I looked for guides - but I did not find an answer how to do it quickly so that you do not have to do this for each mesh separately. I need all these meshes as separate models in YDR GTA5. Maybe you can tell you if there is a way to do this with the current tools? Or maybe we can see this opportunity in future updates? It would be great!
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Mass convert meshes into "Dummy+mesh" button

Post by Oleg »

Get an update.
A feature added to allow export .ydr file with no scene hierarchy. In particular, no need to create a dummy parent for a geometry object (and no need to rename geometry object to .mesh). The exported object could be a compound or a regular mesh object with no children. This does not allow object with collision or hierarchy elements (e.g. weapon models) to be exported this way.

Given the above update, you can utilize "Export -> Multiple files export" feature. This allows to export your scene's list of geometry objects into individual .ydr files with no need to perform conversion you've specified above (no creation of parent dummy for every geometry object, no need to rename to .mesh).

Also, the .ydr and .yft file export will generate in a log window an XML data with bounding information. This bounding info can be toggled off in Settings\Profile\Editor window by setting to zero an associated option value on Profile->Preferences->Filters->GTARage branch.