dds files missing on import

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

KSAR

dds files missing on import

Post by KSAR »

Is there a solution to this problem in files in the format ( dds )
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: dds files missing on import

Post by Oleg »

these textures are shared across most of gta vehicles and stored in vehshare.txd texture package. There are other shared texture packages like vehshare_worn.txd, vehshare_truck.txd and like this.

It is advised to unpack shared texture packages into some folder and specify locations of these packages in "Preload textures" list of Import window. Given that, GTA importer will be able to search for textures in these .txd packages every time you import a model.
KSAR

Post by KSAR »

Can you show me a picture of how and what to do
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Unpack these .ytd files from vehicles.prf found in x64e.rpf into some folder on your hard drive.
Then specify these files in an options window for "GTA Rage model" file type in File\Import window using "Add..." label in options window. Then you can import a model.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, if you toggle selection next to specified .ytd texture package, ZModeler will save your choice and will load these texture packages every time you import a model. Thus, you don't need to specify them every time.
ytd_preload_vehshare.jpg
You can unpack model's .ytd texture package into the same folder as the .yft file. The selection "All .ytd and listed below" will make an importer load all *.ytd files from a folder you import a model from AND these shared ytd files located in another folder. I have seen a lot of videos where users specify vehicle's .yft file explicitly before an import (e.g. buffalo2.ytd is specified before loading buffalo2_hi.yft model), but I find this as a bad practice. Just use "All and listed below" instead of picking ytd in current folder every time you import.
KSAR

Post by KSAR »

I did it, but it didn't work, although I can open it in a OpenIV

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you did what? and what did not work?
On your screenshot you have picked up a model file for import and I can see you this model's .ytd package selected for preload. On import, ZModeler will load textures from .yft file (embedded, if available) and textures from the package(s) you have specified for preload.

Take a look on texture names ZModeler can't find. then locate the .ytd packages where these textures are and give these packages to ZModeler (via preload list).

I have written a huge detailed post above and you did everything the opposite. You DO NOT need to specify vehicle's texture package in preload list, you should specify "All .ytd and listed below". The "All. ytd..." for an importer means "check every .ytd in current folder too" (the model's .ytd file is in current folder right?). Then you DO need to specify shared vehicle's texture packages in preload list. These are "vehshare.ytd", "vehshare_worn.ytd", "vehshare_truck.ytd" and like this. These packages can be extracted from game into any other folder, so you don't need to have these shared packages in your model's import folder.

P.S. avoid using your desktop for ZModeler and projects folders. OS windows might limit application access to files located on your desktop (or any other folder starting from C:\users\.....). Prefer a folder on another drive if possible, like D:\Modding\....
KSAR

Post by KSAR »

Man, I am new to the program, so I want you to explain to me step by step what to do
1-
2-
3-
4-

In order to solve the problem, because I am new to the program and my English is not good
Or if you can solve the problem with some image, no problem is better
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

locate vehicles.rpf file in x64e.rpf in OpenIV and extract every vehshare****.ytd texture package into some folder on your hard drive (say D:\Modding\Share).

In ZModeler, pick File->Import, pick your .yft file for import. An options window will appear in the bottom. Press "Add..." button there and browse for vehshare.ytd file first. Then use "Add..." again to add vehshare_worn.ytd and so on. Then you can import your model and there should be no missing textures anymore.

If you still get a missing texture, search for this texture in OpenIV. It is possible, the texture could be in some other .ytd package that you need to extract and put it into the folder with your model file. For example, I test vehicles on "buffalo2.yft" model and its interior texture is "taxi_ng_detail" which is not buffalo's native texture and can be found in "vehicles_poltax_interior.ytd" (police and taxi interior). As there are plenty of "vehicles_****.ytd" texture packages in game, it might happen some texture could be found in any of these, so "vehshare***" packages are not the only packages you need to "Add..." into Import options.

P.S. an error on missing "givemechecker.dds" can be ignored. This is an in-game debug checker texture that is not used by game shaders, so you can ignore this particular message.
KSAR

Post by KSAR »

ty